Which Walmart key for '98 jetta?

Old October 22nd 04, 02:43 AM
dave

>From: se (Tom's VR6)
>
>In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, dave wrote:
>
>>I thought the valet key would not fit in the trunk and other "private" areas

>of
>>the vehicle.
>>Or maybe this is just on the older VWs and Audis.
>>
>>Different key blanks IIRC.

>Yes. Different blanks.
>>
>>So you all are saying that the valet keys will actually insert in the trunk
>>lock?
>>

>No. The cross section is different in that the valet key has more
>metal in its cross section. It will not fit the trunk.

thanks Tom,
I usually get my keys cut at Menards or the dealer.
Now I will examine master and valet keys.
I am sometimes given a valet key instead of a master when I have a car to work
on. Then I need to get inside of the trunk and the valet just won't allow it!
lol
My Audi valet key is long gone before I bought it or I would compare my keys.

later,
dave
Reminder........
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
shoes. Frieda Norris

Old October 26th 04, 04:29 AM
blah

Go to the Vw dealer, they won't even need the valley key to make a copy of
it as they should be able to pull it up in their computer via vin # or
numbers on the car itself

--
Hatch
http://www.ifeellikebitching.com

Old October 30th 04, 03:21 PM
Richard Thomas

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 03:29:18 GMT, "blah" > wrote:

>Go to the Vw dealer, they won't even need the valley key to make a copy of
>it as they should be able to pull it up in their computer via vin # or
>numbers on the car itself

Cool, because, you know, the garbage men will only take away three
trashcans of money per week and the extra is beginning to make an ugly
pile in the spare bedroom.

Apologies for the sarcasm but my $1.00 key from Walmart is working
just fine.

Rich
--
An animal so poor in spirit that he won't even fight on his own behalf
is already an evolutionary dead end; the best he can do for his breed
is crawl off and die, and not pass on his defective genes.
--R.A.Heinlein

Question: Regarding wheel offset and WTB: 1995 Jetta III steel wheel Timothy J. Richter VW water cooled 4 March 10th 07 03:51 PM
2002 Jetta GLS MB VW water cooled 35 October 24th 04 11:45 PM
94 Jetta clutch and transmission Victor LeeOwn VW water cooled 6 October 20th 04 11:56 AM
2005 Jetta GL & GLS compare to MKV amty VW water cooled 5 October 1st 04 12:27 AM
JETTA OWNERS! '96 Jetta acting strangely. [email protected] VW water cooled 0 September 27th 04 04:01 AM