Rear Electric Window

Old December 6th 04, 08:41 AM
liam

Default Rear Electric Window

On the way to work this morning I accidently operated the Rear/Right
Electric Window instead of the Front one and noticed it didn't work, got to
work and tried the rear door switch as well as mine and still didn't work.

Any obvious idea's before I start trying to take the rear door apart and any
hints on taking the rear door apart.

01' Audi A6 1.8T SE Saloon (UK)

Cheers
Liam

Old December 6th 04, 11:18 AM
KLS

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:41:53 +0000 (UTC), "liam"
> wrote:

>On the way to work this morning I accidently operated the Rear/Right
>Electric Window instead of the Front one and noticed it didn't work, got to
>work and tried the rear door switch as well as mine and still didn't work.
>
>Any obvious idea's before I start trying to take the rear door apart and any
>hints on taking the rear door apart.
>
>01' Audi A6 1.8T SE Saloon (UK)

Do you have a child lock feature, the ability to prevent children from
operating the rear windows? Perhaps that's on, and you just need to
turn it off. Look in your owner's manual.
Old December 6th 04, 12:44 PM
liam

"KLS" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:41:53 +0000 (UTC), "liam"
> > wrote:
>
>>On the way to work this morning I accidently operated the Rear/Right
>>Electric Window instead of the Front one and noticed it didn't work, got
>>work and tried the rear door switch as well as mine and still didn't work.
>>
>>Any obvious idea's before I start trying to take the rear door apart and
>>any
>>hints on taking the rear door apart.
>>
>>01' Audi A6 1.8T SE Saloon (UK)

> Do you have a child lock feature, the ability to prevent children from
> operating the rear windows? Perhaps that's on, and you just need to
> turn it off. Look in your owner's manual.

I'll give it a try but not changed anything as far as I remember....
Been out at dinner time in it and pressing the front control switch up you
can hear the rear window click but nothing on the down and the rear button
makes no sound at all....

Old December 6th 04, 03:31 PM
liam

"liam" > wrote in message

> "KLS" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:41:53 +0000 (UTC), "liam"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>On the way to work this morning I accidently operated the Rear/Right
>>>Electric Window instead of the Front one and noticed it didn't work, got
>>>work and tried the rear door switch as well as mine and still didn't
>>>work.
>>>
>>>Any obvious idea's before I start trying to take the rear door apart and
>>>any
>>>hints on taking the rear door apart.
>>>
>>>01' Audi A6 1.8T SE Saloon (UK)

>> Do you have a child lock feature, the ability to prevent children from
>> operating the rear windows? Perhaps that's on, and you just need to
>> turn it off. Look in your owner's manual.

> I'll give it a try but not changed anything as far as I remember....
> Been out at dinner time in it and pressing the front control switch up you
> can hear the rear window click but nothing on the down and the rear button
> makes no sound at all....

Just tried it again

All windows go up and down off the key fob (Pheww...motor works then) took
off the offending rear child lock and tried again and the window will only
go up and down with my switch not the rear doors switch.
I'll just see how it goes I suppose at least I can open and shut the
window..

Rear amped speakers vitonxl Audi 1 October 17th 04 08:38 PM
Broken driver window system A6 2000 (repost) Josh Audi 2 September 28th 04 11:10 PM
Driver window A2 -2000 Josh Audi 0 September 6th 04 05:43 PM
Alfa 164 Electric Window problem Emjay Alfa Romeo 2 July 13th 04 12:42 AM
VW Electric Window Switch Funny Behaviour Chris Audi 4 June 2nd 04 07:26 PM