Anyone got a CJ7 Steering shaft?

Old June 7th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Default Anyone got a CJ7 Steering shaft?

My under hood steering shaft on my 86 CJ7 is getting really sloppy at
the lower u-joint and needs to get replaced.

I can get it rebuilt locally with greasable u-joints for about $175.00 I
think it is, but really don't have the cash right now.

Anyone in Canada or close to Ontario Canada have a used one that isn't
totally shot they would part with reasonably?

I'll trade an old 88 Cherokee for a new one. :-)

Thanks,

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
Old June 9th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Anthony T

Mike,
I replaced my factory steering shaft with a Borgeson. They're pricey ($240)
but it was a very noticeable improvement. I thought my steering box was
going bad because the steering was all over the place. Just by chance, I
replaced my steering shaft with a borgeson shaft and the Jeep drives
straight as an arrow now. I dont work for Borgeson, but I can tell you from
experience, it's a great product...and great customer service. my two
cents.

http://www.borgeson.com/TruckProductJeep.htm

ng.com...

Old June 9th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

I haven't had 'any' income since last August so am looking for a cheap
used one to get me by.

As mentioned, I can get mine rebuilt with grease fittings on the joints
for a couple hundred.

Mike

Old June 9th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Anthony T

Sorry Mike,
I understand. I hope you get some income soon.

Steering Shaft adjustment Jeff_p Jeep 2 March 14th 07 10:32 PM
steering shaft. Pi-Eyed Piper Jeep 3 June 16th 05 09:38 PM
94YJ steering wheel shaft Luke Jeep 1 March 27th 05 12:52 AM
'82 CJ steering shaft replacement question Clap Trap Jeep 8 March 19th 05 11:44 AM
scirocco steering shaft bearing nutso fasst VW water cooled 4 December 29th 04 02:14 AM