And on the seventh day GOD created JEEP

Old February 19th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default And on the seventh day GOD created JEEP

Hello ! This is my first Jeep I have A 99 TJ with the 4cyl 5speed it
has 114,328 miles on it and it's time to change out the motor.Can
anyone leed me in the right direction on where to get A new motor?

Old February 19th 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

That question cannot be answered properly without knowing exactly what is
wrong with the existing engine. In most cases, the correct answer is a
local rebuilder with a reputation for quality work, but maybe all you need
is a set of spark plugs.

Earle

ups.com...

Old February 19th 06, 08:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I wish thats all it was but it's not the original owner did not take
care of the motor or anything else and if that's not bad enough the
block has one good size crack in it.At one point the oil pan was
crushed.This has been thought out I've been all over town getting
quote's and I think my money would be better spent on A new motor with
A warranty.

Old February 19th 06, 08:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

The only place to get a "new" engine is the Jeep dealer. I don't even know
whether Jeep supplies the complete engine as a replacement part. Cracks can
be repaired but not all of them. The best method in my opinion is brazing,
but you have to use the correct technique. I would be looking for a
rebuildable or usable engine from a recycler. If you buy a rebuilt from a
company that does them all the time, then you stand the chance of getting
0.040" cylinder walls and a 0.040" under crank, in other words an engine
that will probably run for the length of the warranty, but cannot be rebuilt
again and would be worthless as a core.

Earle

oups.com...

Old February 19th 06, 09:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Earle I would love to find that Craftsman that you speek of I would
send it to him in A heartbeat.After talking to the peopl that I got
quote's from,10 in all I walked away all they wanted was my
money.That's why I turned to replace the engine well and all of the
drivetrain is new now execetp the engine.I put alot of money into my
Jeep this is the last thing I need to do and the most important.She's A
head turner all I want is the very best for her.

SILKY...

Old February 19th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Find a JASPER motor dealer in your area you can get a complete motor
(remanufactured) minus the intake system, use your existing motor as a core
charge. I have put in several JASPER motors with 12 month 12K mileage
warranty with no issues. One I did for a friend some years back and it is
still running good. Make sure the motor vin code is correct for the OBC
other wise you will have to spend an extre $350.00 for a new OBC.

Coasty
oups.com...

Old February 19th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Last time I checked, the dealer sells engines for a competitive price
with a warranty. They are worth a check so you have local warranty
help.

Rebuilders are a dime a dozen and 'lots' are just scammers that do
really shoddy work. Are there any local car clubs or 4x4 clubs in your
area? They could be good for local references.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old February 20th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

http://www.jeep-classifieds.com/classifieds/parts.asp

ups.com...

Old February 22nd 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

If you are considering paying a mechanic, find a local Jeep club. Ask them
who does good work, and who is a waste of money. Start there.

"SILKY" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello ! This is my first Jeep I have A 99 TJ with the 4cyl 5speed it
> has 114,328 miles on it and it's time to change out the motor.Can
> anyone leed me in the right direction on where to get A new motor?

YJ Breaks down - Bad Triple AAA Experience. Lou Boncek Jeep 9 December 18th 05 10:55 PM
Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi in UK Dori A Schmetterling Chrysler 4 June 2nd 05 10:22 PM
What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 06:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 02:22 PM