How to Remove Visor Stickers

Old April 4th 05, 12:38 PM
Ken Shackelford

Default How to Remove Visor Stickers

Just received my new Unlimited and was wondering about the best way to
remove those godawful ugly rollover warning stickers on the sun visors.
Any easy way to do this? Failing that, anywhere I can get unblemished
aftermarket visors?

Thanks,
Ken
Old April 4th 05, 01:55 PM
HarryS

It is a real pain but what I did is purchase some vinyl material at a local
fabric store (color of choice) and fabricated a slip-on cover with Velcro on
the hinge side. It looks great and I sewed a pouch for my wallet with a
Velcro closure, it gives it a real custom look. If you try to remove the
stickers you will not like the results and may even rip the padding.

--
HarryS My 2¢

Old April 4th 05, 02:49 PM
wkearney99

> Just received my new Unlimited and was wondering about the best way to
> remove those godawful ugly rollover warning stickers on the sun visors.
> Any easy way to do this?

They're up there for a reason. <grin>

But the only way I've found to remove pesky stickers is to use the 'Goof
Off' brand solvent. Nasty stuff, chemical-wise, but great for cleaning off
stickers.

Old April 4th 05, 03:25 PM
k_902

Can go to any autobody shop like C-Max and get the proper vinyl removal
spray. Or Canadian Tire for great stuff called Goo-Gone. Both ways are
effective. I believe the proper vinyl removal spray is made by 3M.

Old April 4th 05, 03:50 PM
Lee Ayrton

Can you swap them left-for-right? Then you'll only see the warnings
when the visors are down.

Old April 4th 05, 07:39 PM
WMS

I used lighter fluid. Cheaper and cleaner than the other stuff.
And I do NOT recommend acetone!

Mike

Old April 4th 05, 07:44 PM
Jerry Bransford

Wow, that's a good suggestion for a question that comes up frequently.
Lighter fluid, I woulda never though about using that!

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old April 4th 05, 09:37 PM
Retiredff

WMS wrote:
> I used lighter fluid. Cheaper and cleaner than the other stuff.

Which is what 'Goof Off' and other similar producrts are. New name, charge
more!

Old April 5th 05, 10:56 PM
WMS

"Retiredff" > wrote in message
k.net...

> WMS wrote:
>> I used lighter fluid. Cheaper and cleaner than the other stuff.

> Which is what 'Goof Off' and other similar producrts are. New name, charge
> more!

Yep. Plain old naphta.

Mike

Old April 6th 05, 02:25 AM
B a r r y

wkearney99 wrote:
>>Just received my new Unlimited and was wondering about the best way to
>>remove those godawful ugly rollover warning stickers on the sun visors.
>> Any easy way to do this?

> They're up there for a reason. <grin>

I always thought they were kind of cool...

Barry

98 Intrepin starter Tim Chrysler 4 March 31st 05 10:24 AM
Remove the fuel pump on a 1995 VR6 Mark VW water cooled 14 January 2nd 05 11:52 AM
remove ignition switch on 92 spider voloce? ody Alfa Romeo 0 May 3rd 04 10:36 PM
How to remove the liftgate panel on Windstar to change the wiper motor? Jian General 2 January 16th 04 10:42 PM