finally finished the YJ!!

Old June 10th 05, 03:28 AM
wallster

Default finally finished the YJ!!

Well I finally finished her up.(only took 6 months of limited free time)
From replacing the fenders, bumper, and assorted parts, to getting the new
salvaged title then putting her on the road... done.
Here are some pics if anyone is interested.
walt
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/b4pic3.jpg
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/060905_yj_9.jpg
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/060905_yj_1.jpg

Old June 10th 05, 04:06 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Lookin' good.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 10th 05, 04:45 AM
wallster

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
> Lookin' good.
> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

thanks Bill.

Old June 10th 05, 08:14 AM
Cherokee-Ltd

Looks terrific!
It's a bummer it has a salvaged title, it'd fetch big bucks on a resale.
Enjoy the fruits of you labour.

-Brian

Old June 10th 05, 08:56 AM
Dave Milne

nice job, be proud of yourself.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old June 10th 05, 12:01 PM

i'm getting old, or it's too early in the morning. i opened the link,
immediately thought "where the heck does this guy live to have that
kind of snow piled up on june 10th???". then i noticed the other links.

anyway, excellent job!! nice grill!! i also never could figure why
anyone thought tan and red went together. gray looks much better.

martin caskey
millers island, maryland

Old June 10th 05, 05:15 PM
Lee Ayrton

Very nice. Congratulations.

Question: Will the "salvage" title cause you problems when you want to
sell it? Just wondering.

Old June 11th 05, 02:15 AM
wallster

"Lee Ayrton" > wrote in message
> Very nice. Congratulations.
>
> Question: Will the "salvage" title cause you problems when you want to
> sell it? Just wondering.

Thanks.
Usually you get around 80% of the actual value but it really depends on the
vehicle. Because this is a '93 with 142k miles, i'll get whatever someone is
willing to pay (the sharper looking, the more i can get for it because alot
of younger buyers base most of their decisions on how "cool" it looks)
I didn't buy it to sell though, I have a total of around $3500. into it and
i'm gonna drive it into the ground. My kids are eyeing her up too... maybe
they'll get it.

walt

Old June 11th 05, 02:17 AM
wallster

"Steve" > wrote in message
> Well done. Not hard to guess what your day job is. Good riddance to the
> dopey trim lines & graphics. The diamond plate and front chrome set it off
> nice. Now maybe a bit of a lift and some new tires?
>
> Steve
> http://xjeep.dyndns.org

actually my daily job is the manager of a factory direct mattress store...
but any time off is always spent fixing something up!
thanks,
walt

Old June 11th 05, 03:54 PM
Lee Ayrton

wallster wrote:
> "Lee Ayrton" > wrote in message
>
>>Very nice. Congratulations.
>>
>>Question: Will the "salvage" title cause you problems when you want to
>>sell it? Just wondering.

> Thanks.
> Usually you get around 80% of the actual value but it really depends on the
> vehicle. Because this is a '93 with 142k miles, i'll get whatever someone is
> willing to pay (the sharper looking, the more i can get for it because alot
> of younger buyers base most of their decisions on how "cool" it looks)
> I didn't buy it to sell though, I have a total of around $3500. into it and
> i'm gonna drive it into the ground. My kids are eyeing her up too... maybe
> they'll get it.

I'm of the same mind when it comes to my `79 CJ-5, although mine is more
of an amazingly life-like recreation than a true restoration. I didn't
build it to sell and at the moment I've more money in it that I could
possibly get for it, even on a dark night. In any case I plan on
keeping it forever -- or until I no longer have a place to park it.

What I was wondering about the salvage title was if it would doom the
vehicle to DMV inspections every time it changed hands or to insurance
surcharges, and I really was just wondering without any background on
the matter. I suppose it might depend on the state the sale was in.