Jeep Wagoneer Running VERY Rich

Old July 10th 05, 07:15 PM

Default Jeep Wagoneer Running VERY Rich

Hi,
I have an 87 Jeep Wagoneer with the 4.0. It seems to be running very
very rich at the moment amd I have no clue why either. It's actually
running so rich that I am getting about 4 miles to the gallon. Now, you
all need to understand that this is an offroad beater, so it's been
ridden hard, and has a few vacuum lines missing, etc... I'm not sure if
this is the problem though... Any ideas?

Old July 11th 05, 03:13 AM

Thanks for the advice. I've already tried all that though. =-( It gets
weirder though... The Jeep stumbles and misses below 2,500 RPM, then
i'll rev it and it will miss and stumble, but as soon as it hits 2,500
and thereafter, it runs beautiful, has all its power, and seems normal.
I just don't get it?

Old July 11th 05, 05:09 AM
Stephen Cowell

> wrote in message =
oups.com...
> Thanks for the advice. I've already tried all that though. =3D-( It =

gets
> weirder though... The Jeep stumbles and misses below 2,500 RPM, then
> i'll rev it and it will miss and stumble, but as soon as it hits 2,500
> and thereafter, it runs beautiful, has all its power, and seems =

normal.
> I just don't get it?
>=20

Look for a leaking needle-and-seat... raw gas is
probably dumping into the carb. You can test
this by clamping the fuel line closed and noticing
an improved idle... clamp the rubber portion!
__
Steve
..

Old July 11th 05, 06:04 AM
Robb S via CarKB.com

those missing vacuum lines could definately be an issue, but follow stephen's
advice first, then replace all vacuum lines accordingly, or make sure
everything is plugged........then off to the next step

Old July 11th 05, 06:09 AM

Well this is EFI, so there is no carberator...

Old July 11th 05, 06:12 AM
Robb S via CarKB.com

what kind of carb do you have?

Old July 11th 05, 02:43 PM
Mike Romain

Maybe you have a stuck open fuel injector. It could cause your
symptoms. I would be pulling the plugs to see which cylinder was
burning wrong.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old July 11th 05, 03:41 PM

I was wondering if maybe the 02 sensor was bad, telling the computer to
give more gas? I will also check the plugs. Thanks

Old July 13th 05, 01:29 PM
One out of many daves

02 sensor bad or wiring bad
MAP bad or vacuum leaking
CTS bad
TPS bad

get the Renix system checked with a scanner/tester so you can see what the
ECM sees.

running horribly rich Mac VW air cooled 12 January 10th 05 07:39 AM
95 Neon running rich maxpower Chrysler 12 October 15th 04 08:45 PM
95 Neon running rich Mike Chrysler 0 October 14th 04 08:02 PM
94 Saturn SL1 running Rich/trouble starting Robo6 Saturn 15 October 11th 04 01:08 AM
94 Saturn SL1 trouble starting, running rich (HELP) Robo6 Saturn 2 September 28th 04 01:46 AM