Plugs for Wrangler

Old May 9th 14, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
D-R[_2_]

Default Plugs for Wrangler

Gonna change the plugs on my 2008 JK. Recommendations?? The cost
seems to vary from about $2.50 to $14..... Want good plugs that can
that a lot of slow, hot off road stuff as well as highway...

They probably don't need it right now ( 75K ) but I want to do them
now while I am at the house with all the tools not in the desert house
with few tools....

--

AJ - Too hot in the desert... now in the mountains..
Old May 9th 14, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_4_]

D-R wrote:
> Gonna change the plugs on my 2008 JK. Recommendations?? The cost
> seems to vary from about $2.50 to $14..... Want good plugs that can
> that a lot of slow, hot off road stuff as well as highway...
>
> They probably don't need it right now ( 75K ) but I want to do them
> now while I am at the house with all the tools not in the desert house
> with few tools....

Always been a fan of plain ol Autolite Copper Core plugs.
Fairly cheap and I change them out about once a year. Keep the old
ones just in case I break one trying to get that miserable pain
in the ass #1 plug in. See they went up a bit $1.99, meh.. still cheap.

Generally stick with the stock heat range. I run 3924 (one heat range
cooler) because of the blower. Never had a problem.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://revbeergoggles.com
HESCO Supercharger - 300W Stereo PPI/Audio Control - Bilstein HD Shocks

Old May 10th 14, 06:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike

D-R wrote:
> Gonna change the plugs on my 2008 JK. Recommendations?? The cost
> seems to vary from about $2.50 to $14..... Want good plugs that can
> that a lot of slow, hot off road stuff as well as highway...
>
> They probably don't need it right now ( 75K ) but I want to do them
> now while I am at the house with all the tools not in the desert house
> with few tools....

I like NGK spark plugs. I use them in everything. Very good plugs.
They seem too have a longer service life than most brands also.

Old May 10th 14, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea

DougW wrote:

> Always been a fan of plain ol Autolite Copper Core plugs.
> Fairly cheap and I change them out about once a year. Keep the old
> ones just in case I break one trying to get that miserable pain
> in the ass #1 plug in. See they went up a bit $1.99, meh.. still cheap.
>
> Generally stick with the stock heat range. I run 3924 (one heat range
> cooler) because of the blower. Never had a problem.

I've used the Champion Copper series in my 1988 4.0 for years. The older
4.0 in Jeeps seemed to simply eat any extended life (platinum) plugs and
pretty much everyone on the old RAMJAW messages wound up using the copper
Champions in the 4.0. I usually change them out at 15k or when I get the
first signs of hesitation. I always have to check the number but 3310
sticks in my head as the best performing plugs in the 4.0. They aren't easy
to find but the local NAPA shops either have them or get them when I need
them.

--
Will Honea

Putting a newer 2006 Wrangler 4cyl engine in a 1990 wrangler.. NewbieJeepGuy Jeep 15 December 22nd 07 08:26 AM
Putting a newer 2006 Wrangler 4cyl engine in a 1990 wrangler.. L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_10659_] Auto Photos 4 December 22nd 07 08:26 AM
2006 Wrangler rims fit 94 wrangler?? Anyone have answer? Jeeeprs Jeep 1 May 18th 07 03:37 AM
Plugs HyperCube33 Saturn 7 September 14th 06 10:40 PM
2005 Wrangler Soft top on 99 Wrangler Ice Jeep 7 March 6th 06 03:40 AM