Desperate Ford Runs Fictional Ad For That Rattletrap Mustang

Old December 5th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Grover C. McCoury III

Default Desperate Ford Runs Fictional Ad For That Rattletrap Mustang

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> ...lots of capitalized drivel deleted....
>
> b) America STILL cannot build real sports cars

I rarely feed the trolls - it just encourages them. Today, I will make an
exception with a brief response to this mindless diatribe:

Ford GT

'Nuff said...

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 @
http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt

Old December 6th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike

To all,

I saw the ad, no one is blowing away anyone.

I own both a 2007 Ford Mustang GT and a 1984 Porsche 911. Previously owned
a 2005 Mustang GT (switched to an automatic (spouse) and convertible (me)),
a Porsche 968 and a 924S.

Can Germany build a better car? According to JD Power & Associates, no.
Porsche, Mercedes and Volkswagen rate lower in first year quality. Porsche
however, rates higher in intial purchase satisfaction--it rates #1 on this
scale.

Can Japan, per JD Power, yes as far as quality, but to date I've not seen
many 40 year old Japanese vehicles still running in large numbers on the
open road...look at the National Mustang meetings and you see loads of older
Mustangs.

I own both cars because they handle well, accelerate great (plus to Mustang
300HP vs 207) and are FUN to drive.

I've been asked many times by friends which car I like better--both are
different in individual ways, but I wouldn't get rid of either car.

Mike

oups.com...

Old December 8th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim J

Everybody: Please don't feed the trolls!
Old December 9th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
KEITH MCCUMBER

I wouldn't normally but I'm testing my DSL and need somewhere to post. As
for our trolling friend, he overlooks one of the fundamental concepts of
mass production. The one that says higher quality & lower per unit cost are
achievable when large numbers of the same product are mass produced. The
kid should really read up on Ely Whitney.

. 125.201...

Old December 9th 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John C.

"KEITH MCCUMBER" > wrote in message
> I wouldn't normally but I'm testing my DSL and need somewhere to post. As
> for our trolling friend, he overlooks one of the fundamental concepts of
> mass production. The one that says higher quality & lower per unit cost

are
> achievable when large numbers of the same product are mass produced. The
> kid should really read up on Ely Whitney.

Any relation to Eli?

Old December 9th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
karinhall

"John C." > wrote in message ...

> "KEITH MCCUMBER" > wrote in message

>> I wouldn't normally but I'm testing my DSL and need somewhere to post. As
>> for our trolling friend, he overlooks one of the fundamental concepts of
>> mass production. The one that says higher quality & lower per unit cost

> are

>> achievable when large numbers of the same product are mass produced. The
>> kid should really read up on Ely Whitney.
>>

> Any relation to Eli?

Which Ford model did he make? (: )