I found the right FFB settings

Old August 1st 12, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default I found the right FFB settings

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Spring, Damper and Centering Spring have to be at the same value.
Not any value, but at the value where slack is eliminated. At my system this
happens at 82. So, my settings are 118/82/82/82.
Now I relized why it was so difficult to find it. It is easy to find
it on Star Mazda, with the stock baseline setup, but this week's fixed
Dallara is terrible (probably Dallara in general is terrible). Also, this
week's fixed Silverado is extremly bad. With it I would never found it.
Probably a lot of other cars and setups are also very bad.

Ah, wrong again, : ).

Ok, I found it.
Ha, ha, bravo me. The FFB puzzle is solved, thanks god.
First I must say something about iRacing's FFB. It was unlinear.
Which reminds of a guy who blamed me tham MY wheel is unlinear. Well guy,
guess what, your is unlinear too, only YOU don't see it. Get it?
Also, this reminds me on a discussion from iRacing's forum, way
back, when people laughed when I mentioned N4S FFB as better than that of
N2003. Well, gueas what, while "the most realistic" simulation on Earth had
unlinear FFB, probably any other simulation (which wasn't "the most
realistic") had LINEAR FFB. Lol, I always claimed that Papyrus/iRacing
doesn't undertsand FFB.
Now, that finely, AFTER 15 YEARS, they decided to put LINEAR FFB in
"the most realistic" simulation of all times, it was EASY to determine "the
right" FFB, *beacause* FFB was FINALY *ballanced*. For god's sake, people,
what a JOKE.
"THE right" settings are, in Logitech driver, ---/100/100/100, I
have "Allow game to adjust settings" unchecked, Centering Spring also
unchecked. In-game it should be 20/50 (both sliders at the half-way point).
Regarding Overall, right now I have it at 125%, but I didn't test other
options. At 125% is just a little bit too heavy for me, probably it should
be somewhere around 120% for me. 100% definitely is too low.
Regarding "cockpitLookDeadZone", I have it at iRacing's default
0.05, right now. I didn't have time to test other values, but from my
experience, probably it should be at the iRacing's default.

Old August 2nd 12, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

(Mario Petrinovic) wrote:

> The FFB puzzle is solved

I'm going to put real money on the probability that it isn't. :-)

Andrew McP

Old August 3rd 12, 10:05 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Andrew MacPherson:
Mario Petrinovic:
> The FFB puzzle is solved

I'm going to put real money on the probability that it isn't. :-)

I am afraid you didn't understand what I wrote. I'll cap important
words, so that it'll be easier.
THE PROBLEM in iRacing's FFB was UNLINEARITY. It is SIMPLE sentance,
try to repeat it few times if you have problem to understand it. See, I
DIDN'T do anything, it is iRacing themselves that they did a SIMPLE thing,
made the FFB *RIGHT*, as it SHOULD be made in the FIRST place, nothing more,
and nothing less.
One would EXPECT that the company that wants to make things
REALISTIC *would* have LINEAR FFB. If, for some reason, they would want to
MESS with the FFB by making it unlinear, they would STILL have to *leave*
the OPTION for having a linear FFB for the ones who *want* to have REALISTIC
FFB.
If they don't have the linear FFB, and they HEAR about somebody who
has a problem with the ballance of FFB (and they themselves KNOW very well
that FFB is UNBALLANCED), the last thing they would do is to expel this very
person from their forums BECAUSE he wrote about unballanced FFB. Instead,
they would allow a linear FFB in their very next build, and see if this
solve the problem for anyone who complains about unballanced FFB. Simple as
that. This behaving would be LOGICAL, intelligent, and on its place. What
they did? They made FFB unlinear, told nobody about it, a person who
complained about it expeled from their forums, and left this state for 4
years.
I mean, if they didn't do that NOW, I would, in a search for a
REALISTIC SIMULATION, spend whole my life (the little what was left of it).
Yes, I was thinking about trying other simulations at this time, and what if
some of the other simulations have a little more SENSE, and put REALISTIC
FFB in their simulation? And iRacing would insist that their UNLINEAR FFB is
just the right one.
Lol, WHAT A JOKE.
Now you have all those PROFESSIONAL drivers, who are trying to learn
a new track, by driving on a laser scanned track in iRacing, who aren't able
to complete a single lap on that track unless they put FFB to 0, or, if they
really are BRAVE enough, even to 1 (out of 100 of strength, lol), and drive
on that laser scanned track like on ice, WITHOUT THE REAL FFB, and tell
everybody about it. Hey, they DON'T want to win iRacing's championship, they
want to win REAL LIFE champinoship. So they need REAL FFB, just to drive
around and get used to the scenary of the track, nothing else. But they
CANNOT do the SIMPLE driving around, BECAUSE FFB is all MESSED up. And,
what's more, iRacing did this messing up ON PURPOSE, and expeled me, for
writing about it, and for trying to BALLANCE the FFB, from their forums.
Jesus Christ.

Old August 3rd 12, 10:20 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
If they don't have the linear FFB, and they HEAR about somebody who
has a problem with the ballance of FFB (and they themselves KNOW very well
that FFB is UNBALLANCED), the last thing they would do is to expel this very
person from their forums BECAUSE he wrote about unballanced FFB.

It is interesting, when I wrote about it in iRacing's forum, Timothy
Something, an iRacing staff, contacted me. I wanted to know what is "the
default" FFB setting, and there is only one, the ---/100/100/100, and in
iRacing in the middle of both sliders. It is EASY to find it if FFB is
BALLANCED, and BY DEFAULT FFB *IS* ballanced. He replied me that they TESTED
all the options, and there ISN'T such a setting (after that he KILLFILED me,
cutting off any discussion with me).
So, now I ask myself, if the ballanced state of FFB is the PRIMARY
state, and if setting ---/100/100/100, and 20/50 in iRacing (the MIDDLE
position of both sliders) is about the most BASIC thing to test, I mean, if
you would test ANYTING, this setting is about one of the VERY FIRST you
would try, so, I ask myself, WHAT IN THE WHOLE WORLD THEY WERE TESTING, if
they DIDN'T test this.
Jesus Christ.

Old August 11th 12, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
"THE right" settings are, in Logitech driver, ---/100/100/100, I
have "Allow game to adjust settings" unchecked, Centering Spring also
unchecked. In-game it should be 20/50 (both sliders at the half-way point).
Regarding Overall, right now I have it at 125%, but I didn't test other
options. At 125% is just a little bit too heavy for me, probably it should
be somewhere around 120% for me. 100% definitely is too low.
Regarding "cockpitLookDeadZone", I have it at iRacing's default
0.05, right now. I didn't have time to test other values, but from my
experience, probably it should be at the iRacing's default.

A slight correction. It looks like Centering Spribng (unchecked)
should be at 0%. Overall is something like 140% (on my system).
So, now it is 140/100/100/0. In-game confirmed at 20.0/50.

Old August 18th 12, 02:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
"THE right" settings are, in Logitech driver, ---/100/100/100, I
have "Allow game to adjust settings" unchecked, Centering Spring also
unchecked. In-game it should be 20/50 (both sliders at the half-way point).
Regarding Overall, right now I have it at 125%, but I didn't test other
options. At 125% is just a little bit too heavy for me, probably it should
be somewhere around 120% for me. 100% definitely is too low.
Regarding "cockpitLookDeadZone", I have it at iRacing's default
0.05, right now. I didn't have time to test other values, but from my
experience, probably it should be at the iRacing's default.

A slight correction. It looks like Centering Spribng (unchecked)
should be at 0%. Overall is something like 140% (on my system).
So, now it is 140/100/100/0. In-game confirmed at 20.0/50.

A slight modification. In-game strength should be 40.0. Overall
should probably be somewhere around 120 on my system, but I didn't test it
yet, so for now I have 100/100/100/0, and 40.0/50.

Old August 26th 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
[...]

Ok, this above looks alright. It looks like "the secret" is in
adjsuting the Centering Spring. On my system it is somewhere between 10% and
20%. It can be nicely felt on Honda LM P2 car (on Zolder, if you like, : )).

New PC's FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 40 May 27th 12 10:45 PM
How to balance FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 30 January 28th 12 09:16 AM
FFB (so far) Mario Petrinovic Simulators 0 September 25th 11 10:57 AM
FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 26 September 5th 11 08:52 AM
G25 v. ECCI - To FFB or not to FFB [email protected] Simulators 1 August 17th 07 02:35 PM