Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Old July 15th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

Default Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

That's because you didn't read the question, just my answer.
Here's what the question was Sarah Czepiel asked me "When's the last
time that the GTI W12 Twin Turbo actually won Lemans".
I replied and said

"It's a BRAND new car, up till a few weeks ago it was a prototype,
it's just gone into production"

My answer may have been incorrect as I'm not sure if the GTI W12 Twin
Turbo will go into production.

Sal View profile
More options Jul 12, 10:31 pm

Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, alt.autos.corvette
From: Sal >
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:31:24 -0700
Subject: Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Remove | Report this message | Find messages by this
author

Old July 15th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

Default Unamazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Another huge problem with that Corvette is that it's only 2 wheel
drive.
The Brabus Convertible with 730BHB had major problems on the track
where it couldn't beat less powerful cars like the Enzo Ferrari on Top
Gear's tests because it had too much power for 2 wheel drive to
handle. That's a huge advantage that VWs with 650+ BHP have.
The have an excellent 4motion system that helps them during
acceleration and cornering compared to 2 wheel drive competitors.

Old July 15th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

"Sal" > wrote in message
ups.com...
That's because you didn't read the question, just my answer.

I read the question and answer and you answered with a lie...
You said and I quote "it's just gone into production" when you do not
know...
Then said in a later post and I quote "The GTI W12 Twin Turbo may be 90K if
it ever goes into production that is."
So dumbass if you are going to lie at least keep it straight...

--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old July 15th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Jim Behning[_1_]

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:58:57 +0100, "caroline"
> wrote:

>"Jim Behning" wrote
>
>> If I am not mistaken the Passat is made by Audi.

>*ROFLMFAO*
>
>An Audi Passat? That's a new one on me ;o)

VW in my mind at least has been known over the years to re-label cars.
I think Porsche might have done the same thing with the 914.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_914

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...how/447927.cms That
article to me suggests that three names for the same car are made at
the same plant. Of course that does not mean that all three cars have
the same guts but it sounds like it does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Passat
http://ezinearticles.com/?Audi-A4:-F...Back&id=219265
Old July 15th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 16:38:44 -0700, Sal >
wrote:

:>On Jul 14, 4:33 pm, Sarah Czepiel > wrote:
:>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:52:14 -0700, Sal >
:>> wrote:
:>>
:>> What car do *you* own Sal? What car do *you* drive Sal?
:>
:>It's a VW,

Really. Got a piccy, Sal?
Old July 15th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:19:34 -0700, Sal >
wrote:

:>What what do you expect, a 3500lbs car with a 138 BHP Diesel engine is
:>not MEANT to be entertaining to drive,

As I said, outclassed by a Corvette .....
Old July 15th 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:42:08 -0700, Sal >
wrote:

:>On Jul 14, 9:28 pm, The Wolf With the Red Roses <after-dark-
> wrote:
:>> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:31:24 -0700, Sal > wrote
:>> something wonderfully witty:
:>>
:>> >It's a BRAND new car, up till a few weeks ago it was a prototype, it's
:>> >just gone into production.
:>>
:>> WTF, the W8 has been around since `04.
:>
:>If you'd actually read the thread, you'd realize that the GTI W12 Twin
:>Turbo was being discussed there.

See how being a top posting poser makes you look silly?
Old July 15th 07, 05:26 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Tom's VR6

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, ZÿRiX wrote:

>"Tom's VR6" > wrote in message
>news
>> In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, ZÿRiX wrote:
>>

>>>I guess I would just like to end this saying 2 things
>>>1st quit dissing the Vette if you don't like the car leave the group and
>>>move onto another one, we like them.

>> Perhaps you don't know that you have been posting into the VW group
>> in addition to the Corvette group.

>Yes I know but want to make sure he gets it...

Of course he gets it. He was the original troll.
Old July 15th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
db

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:51:31 -0700, Sal >
wrote:

>On Jul 14, 9:40 pm, The Wolf With the Red Roses <after-dark-
> wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:08:47 -0700, Sal > wrote
>> something wonderfully witty:
>>
>> >Passat sold 331,414 which was +28.3% in Europe in 2006. It's only
>> >getting more popular.
>> >The US is NOT the world, only a small part of the world.
>> >The world thinks of Corvettes like it thinks of Jerry Springer.
>> >Name any country where the Corvette sold close to that.

>> BFD dumbass. Saying anything sold somewhere else, ain't sayin a whole
>> helluva lot when your talkin bout the USofA.

>That's the kind of attitude that's sadly going to make China the
>world's lone HYPERpower and the USA a hasbeen like the British and
>Roman Empires. I hope that this kind of attitude is rare in the rest
>of the US because thankfully it's rare in my part of the country
>especially among my classmates at college.

While I don't think the US will be a dominate as it once was, I still
think the US will be a major power in years to come. Perhaps you
forgot how we got to be one.
Old July 15th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
PJ

==========snip ======================

> Now, now don't get about dissing the CTS-V now. Just bought a
> Northstar SRX, same basic platform stretched out station wagon style.
> Ain't no vette, but the Vette couldn't carry what this baby does
> either. 320 hp in a Station Wagon type vehicle ain't that bad., Oh I
> forget, they're Cross-Over SUV's not Station Wagons. Whatever.
>
> ========= snip =========
>>

> Now, now don't get about dissing the CTS-V now. Just bought a
> Northstar SRX, same basic platform stretched out station wagon style.
> Ain't no vette, but the Vette couldn't carry what this baby does
> either. 320 hp in a Station Wagon type vehicle ain't that bad., Oh I
> forget, they're Cross-Over SUV's not Station Wagons. Whatever.

Not at all. First year entry -- CTS-V (Brent
Wiedner) ran second in class this year behind
a Mustang GT500 and ahead of Bill Kirschner's
Corvette.

Brent also did well in the 1/2 mile
'shootout.' Only similar car that finished
ahead of him was a Mercedes E55. A much
pricier piece of iron.

I guess I failed in making the point--VAGs
marques (including Bentley) are present on
Western Highways in fair numbers. I've not
seen W8 or W12 engined cars competing in
either the Nevada or Mexican open road
events. I do see a large number of LS-1 and
LS-2 engined cars in those events--and some
of those engines are found in the unlimited
class running upward of 180mph with Panteras,
Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

Where are VAG owners?

I think the Silver State events are a good
place for them to start--probably in the
Touring Class. For less than four grand, an
affectionado can cover the preparation/entry
costs, get sweaty in the cockpit and maybe
carry home an award.

I'd hazard though that the CTS-V and AMG
drivers sweat less. :-)

--
pj