!995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Old June 29th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default !995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Any Thoughts Or Criticisms On This Vehicle ? im taking pocession of one
from a family member

Thanks,

Old June 29th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

M N did pass the time by typing:
> Any Thoughts Or Criticisms On This Vehicle ? im taking pocession of one
> from a family member

95 came with all disc brakes, a good thing. You probably want to
check the rotors and pads.

As for the condition, that depends on how well it was kept.

A few questions that might help folks help you.

Engine: ?
Transfer case: ?

I'd also suggest you get the factory service manual. Not cheap
but pays for itself the first job you do.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://members.cox.net/wilsond
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Old June 30th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Our son has a 95 with 4.0 and auto, the Up Country and trailer towing
packages and BFG ATs. It has over 135,000 miles. A good part of the
time it was driven from Manhattan to Vermont each weekend for sking.
Parked outside at -20, lots of road salt and in the summer some off
road adventures and towing the jetski. For the last two years its been
in the Colorado mountains (ski country) with a weekly commute to the
Denver airport and parked outside.

After 11 years body rust is just starting in areas that were dented
etc. Usual costs for batteries, brakes, one fuel pump and lots of
routine oil changes (engine, trans, Xfr case, diffs). A few plastic
parts are held on by tyraps instead of the factory push fasteners.
Can't seem to kill it. Always had all the maintenance at intervals as
speced by the Jeep owners manual not the "quick" intervals by the
dealer.

The interval wiper module is a problem (a few bucks every few years).

Old July 2nd 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

M N proclaimed:

> Any Thoughts Or Criticisms On This Vehicle ? im taking pocession of one
> from a family member

Depends entirely on how much reasonable care the thing has had and in
some instances whether it has been modified by an idiot. They range
from very reliable daily transportation with reasonable off-road
capabilities to money pits that would make an ex-wife jealous.

The more you know about the service history the better.