Cj5/151 with Rochester SE2. Need Vacuum Hose Diagram

Old February 19th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
MStevens003

Default Cj5/151 with Rochester SE2. Need Vacuum Hose Diagram

Just rebuilt the Rochester SE2 carb on my '81 CJ5. It's the 151 engine
commonly known as the "four banger". The bore is I have 5 hanging vacuum
hoses and 7 tubes looking for hoses and no idea what goes where as all my
marking have rubbed off. There is a vacuum hose routing diagram under the
hood but it shows afr fewer hoses that I have hanging around and does not
help me.

Can someone please point me to a routing diagram? In case someone knows the
answer to this or has a simila Jeep I will list here what pipes looking for
hoses I have.

One pipe on the choke solenoid
Three pipes on the plenum that feed straight into the the intake manifold
just inder the carb and
Two tubes sticking out of the middle section of the carb body
One from the bottom section of the carb.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Michael

Old February 20th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

The one going to the choke pull-off, will be full manifold vacuum.
Others is be going to devices much like the six cylinder:
http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/misc/vacuumhoses.html And newer YJ:
http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/list.htm
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 20th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
MStevens003

I've ben to the references here that are still live (Tom Collin's site is no
more) and while I have found a couple of hints for individual components I
am still unsure of what to do. I have found nothing that is specifically for
the 4cyl 151 engine with the 2SE so if anyone knows of links to vacuum
diagrams please post.

Thanks Bill for what you have given I'll make the best of it until I get
more info. Who else here has the 151 4cyl engine? Does anyone?
Michael

.. .

Old February 20th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Too bad you don't live close to Toronto, I am pretty good at figuring
out where vacuum lines should go to.

I was just looking in the Haynes CJ manual, and it does cover just about
all of your vacuum line plumbing routing and components for the feedback
carb's operation. It is not an expensive book and most auto stores sell
it. Unfortunately my book is broken right at the 151 emissions section
and is missing a few pages. I still see most of the system's setup.

If you are running the full emissions package, the lines route
differently than if you just need functioning main items.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old February 20th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
MStevens003

Mike: I have the Haynes manual (CJ'49-'86) and could find nothing in it.
What page?

g.com...

Old February 20th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Here are some that I still have. Time for a new book I guess...

The various valves like the CTO and TVS and the vacuum delay units are
explained in the testing area of CH 6 by what opening should hook to what.

I have what I 'think' is a very complete vacuum schematic for the 4
banger carb engine with California emissions, basically everything, in
another XJ Haynes manual. Those pages are missing from my CJ one.

I could scan this diagram and email it to you if you would like.

Here are some I saw:

Your TAC system for the air filter is on page 6-11.

The carb feedback electric schematic is on page 6-12.

The choke pull off vacuum diagram is on page 4-22.

As far as i know unless you have an automatic or AC, the vacuum to the
idle stop is not used so that line can be ignored and plugged. Some
folks use those stop solenoids as a manual fast idle by attaching power
and a toggle switch to it's electrics.

Mike

Old February 20th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Oh, I have the Canadian emissions diagram for the 4 banger too. Those
damn things have more vacuum lines than the 258 which I thought was
insane.....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Old February 20th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Need more coffee... have the 49 state diagram as well as the Ca. and CA
one also.

Mike

Old February 20th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
MStevens003

Mike: If you have schematic for 4 banger (no ac/manual) and can email please
do to
michaet @ naanmix.com

Cheers

ng.com...

Old February 20th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

That email bounced....

Mike