How To Install Tow Hooks

Old April 2nd 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
SkyKing49

Default How To Install Tow Hooks

New to Jeeps..just bought my first. Is there a site that has install
instructions and or a diagram for the install of my new Tow Hooks.
TIA

2006 Jeep Wrangler X

Old April 2nd 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Rear: http://www.stu-offroad.com/guards/gas/tj_hooks.htm
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

ups.com...

Old April 2nd 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate

The front tow hooks atach to the top of the front bumper...
Pretty self explanitory once you have a look at them.

It's likely the rig is already pre drilled for them too.

Kate

ups.com...

Old April 2nd 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
SkyKing49

On Apr 2, 4:13 pm, "Kate" > wrote:
> The front tow hooks atach to the top of the front bumper...
> Pretty self explanitory once you have a look at them.
>
> It's likely the rig is already pre drilled for them too.
>
> Kate

While I am sure you are probably correct when I am in "any" doubt
get help from friendly Jeep owners.
I just feel more comfortable with directions and or diagrams. Thanks
for your response.

Old April 2nd 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

This is from the 2003 TJ manual.

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...3TJTowHook.jpg

oups.com...

Old April 3rd 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
SkyKing49

On Apr 2, 5:38 pm, "billy ray" > wrote:
> This is from the 2003 TJ manual.
>
> http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...Misc%20Mainten...
>
> "SkyKing49" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > On Apr 2, 4:13 pm, "Kate" > wrote:
> >> The front tow hooks atach to the top of the front bumper...
> >> Pretty self explanitory once you have a look at them.

> >> It's likely the rig is already pre drilled for them too.

> >> Kate

> > While I am sure you are probably correct when I am in "any" doubt
> > get help from friendly Jeep owners.
> > I just feel more comfortable with directions and or diagrams. Thanks
> > for your response.

> >> "SkyKing49" > wrote in message

> roups.com...
> >> New to Jeeps..just bought my first. Is there a site that has install
> >> instructions and or a diagram for the install of my new Tow Hooks.
> >> TIA

> >> 2006 JeepWranglerX- Hide quoted text -

Thanks.

Old April 3rd 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Be sure and buy grade eight bolts as the marks on these indicate:
http://www.stu-offroad.com/guards/gas/hook1.jpg I witnessed a hook shear
5/8" shank bolts off a Power Wagon, to kill a fellow Jeeper at the other end
of a giant bungee rope. A freak accident knock half his brain off, where all
his blood pumped out in a minute.
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

ups.com...

Old April 3rd 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
SkyKing49

On Apr 3, 3:58 pm, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III" >
wrote:
> Be sure and buy grade eight bolts as the marks on these indicate:http://www.stu-offroad.com/guards/gas/hook1.jpgI witnessed a hook shear
> 5/8" shank bolts off a Power Wagon, to kill a fellow Jeeper at the other end
> of a giant bungee rope. A freak accident knock half his brain off, where all
> his blood pumped out in a minute.
> God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
> /

I purchased these:JCW Shop > HEAVY-DUTY TOW HOOK SETS
Item# ZX813476A
Includes: 2 tow hooks (each holds up to 10,000 lbs.); 2 safety clips
(bolt to hooks to prevent rope or chain from slipping off); 4 each
mounting bolts, washers, nuts. Steel components (hooks are forged).
Mount to front or rear bumpers, frame or grille guard of your Jeep®
vehicle, truck or 4WD
I guess I cannot install the front ones where the bolts are that holds
the bumper on.
There are two bolts on each side of the front bumper inline just like
the holes on the tow hooks. Hate to have my bumper pulled off but
isn't it bolted to the frame?
2006 Jeep Wrangler X

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/S...searchbtn.y=10

Old April 4th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
The Prisoner Of Mensa

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:58:16 -0700, L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote:

> Be sure and buy grade eight bolts as the marks on these indicate:
> http://www.stu-offroad.com/guards/gas/hook1.jpg I witnessed a hook shear
> 5/8" shank bolts off a Power Wagon, to kill a fellow Jeeper at the other end
> of a giant bungee rope. A freak accident knock half his brain off, where all
> his blood pumped out in a minute.
> God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
> http://www.billhughes.com/

Got the newsclipping? That would certainly been picked up by the media.

Would love to read it. Even a plain text version.

BTW, you can't lose all your blood in one minute, no matter what; too many
small veins and capillaries for that to be possible.

Old April 4th 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

No, it was before the Usenet. A near miss:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/TowStrapBreakshort.mpg This is I believe a
hoax: http://www.offroaders.com/tech/Recov...p-Accident.htm A Gene
wrote here with this link that told of a included "D" shackle kill:
http://michiganjeepers.com/eve/ubb.x...1&f=130109322&... The
gruesome pictures were soon deleted.
This stuff doesn't make the media. I like to play in Glamis, and we kill
at least ten a weekend: http://www.dunereview.com/glamis.htm
The blood poured out of him like a faucet, just like the pigs I stuck
and filled a buckets as a kid.
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

Tow Hooks SkyKing49 4x4 2 April 2nd 07 03:53 PM
Where to Put Front Tow Hooks Michael.Bartko Jeep 3 March 6th 05 03:53 AM
tow hooks on 93 xj Larry Jeep 3 January 2nd 05 11:53 PM
93 xj tow hooks twaldron Jeep 4 January 2nd 05 09:37 PM
ghia tow hooks george taylor VW air cooled 4 November 27th 04 11:43 PM