carb. question

Old July 26th 12, 01:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
LeRoy

Default carb. question

Is there any difference in a Auto Stick carb. and a standard shift carb.?
Old July 26th 12, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:21:38 PM UTC-4, LeRoy wrote:
> Is there any difference in a Auto Stick carb. and a standard shift carb.?

No, the Vacuum for the Auto tranny comes off the intake manifold which is different.
Old October 27th 12, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:21:38 PM UTC-4, LeRoy wrote:
> Is there any difference in a Auto Stick carb. and a standard shift carb.?

WRONG But hey if you want to give wrong info because your insecurities have you disputing anything I say, go for it.

I bet john or any other supplier sells a different carb to anyone with an auto-stick.
Old October 27th 12, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Gary Tateosian

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:21:38 PM UTC-5, LeRoy wrote:
> Is there any difference in a Auto Stick carb. and a standard shift carb.?

The Autostick carbs wore a different flange number. The jetting seems the same, though interestingly enough Ghias were jetted differently likely due to their air cleaner differences.

The autostick carb did also have a second port on the back as Joey alluded to...it is on the right hand side (back is back. This port, as Joey stated goes to the control valve using 3.5mm vacuum hose.

The universal carbs offered today would need the port drilled to be used properly. The boss is there (as it is on all the 34 pict 3's).

This link shows teh port in question.

http://www.vwar.org/forum/index.php?topic=855.0

Old October 28th 12, 07:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
ChrisKlinger

Gary Tateosian wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:21:38 PM UTC-5, LeRoy wrote:
>> Is there any difference in a Auto Stick carb. and a standard

shift carb.?

> The Autostick carbs wore a different flange number. The

jetting seems the
> same, though interestingly enough Ghias were jetted

differently likely due
> to their air cleaner differences.
>
> The autostick carb did also have a second port on the back as

Joey alluded
> to...it is on the right hand side (back is back. This port, as

Joey stated
> goes to the control valve using 3.5mm vacuum hose.
>
> The universal carbs offered today would need the port drilled

to be used
> properly. The boss is there (as it is on all the 34 pict 3's).
>
> This link shows teh port in question.
>
> http://www.vwar.org/forum/index.php?topic=855.0

Now _THAT's_ the gareth I remember. Highly knowledgeable, with
references, and completely diplomatic.

Chris <tipping hat - which, BTW, is a Fedora, as is his OS)
Old December 16th 12, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani[_2_]

wrote in message

>WRONG But hey if you want to give wrong info because your insecurities
>have you disputing anything I say, go for it.

you said there was no difference, so it was you giving wrong information....
I doubt it was due to insecurities, more likely it was just ignorance.

Old December 18th 12, 01:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

> you said there was no difference, so it was you giving wrong information....
>
> I doubt it was due to insecurities, more likely it was just ignorance.

Remember I am out of the business and its hard to feel ignorant telling him that the carb from a standard shift will work when I'm setting here on a beach in south Miami enjoying my retirement.

not to say that I haven't done a little work when someone has been willing to pay $90 an hour for my services.
Old December 24th 12, 03:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani[_2_]

wrote in message

>Remember I am out of the business and its hard to feel ignorant telling him
>that the carb from a standard shift will work when I'm setting >here on a
>beach in south Miami enjoying my retirement.

try to excuse it any way you wish. just as before you "retired"(IE, got run
out of business) you like to give authorative information when you don't
know. Good to see some things never change. The net is full of folks like
you that like to pass along information that isn't entirely accurate. You
are not unique.

carb/choke question Richard Couch VW air cooled 2 July 16th 06 05:56 PM
Stock carb question. Bill VW air cooled 2 March 17th 06 03:01 AM
Carb setup question. Dan Hoskin Jeep 2 March 5th 06 03:59 PM
Carb and Cam question bob Technology 4 February 7th 06 08:06 PM
55 oval carb question Howard Nelson VW air cooled 21 November 22nd 04 05:44 PM