Ya ready for diesel yet?

Old September 6th 05, 05:48 PM
Mike Romain

Man, just follow a bus in any Canadian city and the stench is
overwhelming! We have so much sulfur in the crap any diesel on our
trail runs will be bringing up the rear or not coming.

They say they 'can' clean the fuel up, but then diesel would cost twice
as much as gas.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old September 6th 05, 06:26 PM
Jo Bo

Mike.

It's not "CAN" it's "WILL" and as I recall the time is coming soon.

JoBo

Old September 6th 05, 08:47 PM
Dave Milne

Get more mpg though. That's why it's popular in Europe.
For offroading its ideal as the torque advantage is large and they aren't
affected by water as badly.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old September 6th 05, 09:53 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That increase is because the diesel engine can use seventeen to one
compression ratio. Making the initial costs and maintenance double that
of a low compression gasoline engine. A factor of ten in a road tractor
engines.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 6th 05, 11:29 PM
Bret Ludwig

L=2EW. Hughes III (=DFill) wrote:
> I will have to call you a liar. Gasoline is the cheapest most
> powerful energy we may use in a car. Just look how you had to increase
> the size of your jets.
> God Bless America, =DFill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/

I will have to call you insane as usual, because diesels have no jets
or carburetors. All diesels have high pressure timed mechanical or
electromechanical fuel injection.

Old September 6th 05, 11:36 PM
Bret Ludwig

L=2EW. Hughes III (=DFill) wrote:
> That increase is because the diesel engine can use seventeen to one
> compression ratio. Making the initial costs and maintenance double that
> of a low compression gasoline engine. A factor of ten in a road tractor
> engines.

More =DFillschi=DF.

Cummins sells spark ignition versions of most of its diesels for
natural and producer gas use. The price isn't lower, it's higher.

Mercedes Benz, VW and everyone else outside the US builds diesel and
gas car engines on the same basic platform. The diesel is about fifteen
percent higher build cost because of the fuel system. The added
materials for strength add about two dollars.

Old September 7th 05, 12:15 AM
Paul Calman

>"Bret Ludwig" wrote

Good God, man! are you relying on logic and evidence to back up your
statements? You don't stand a chance against prejudice.

--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Old September 7th 05, 01:03 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I was comparing gasoline to diesel engines, you idiot!
Lets see one of those vehicle gasoline engines at
http://cummins.com/ ROTFLMAO What planet are you from?
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 7th 05, 01:41 AM
Bret Ludwig

They are propane or CNG engines. But, take off the propane stuff and
hang on some gasoline FI and they will burn gas. Propane and CNG
engines are the same as gasoline engines except for the induction
system.