air-cooled? it's really Oil cooled.

Old March 10th 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VFW

Default air-cooled? it's really Oil cooled.

that's what the radiator is about.
remember the dayz when the heated air off the "cooler" blew onto the 3rd
cylinder?
Dog House to the rescue.
--
Money; What a Concept !
Old March 10th 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Ed

If it was just oil cooled then why does it have a fan?

http://www.vw-resource.com/cooling_system.html

Old March 10th 10, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Let me end your misery and spill the big secret here.... it's BOTH air
and oil cooled And under very rainy conditions, also water cooled.

Old March 10th 10, 10:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Oh I forgot to add fuel cooled. Sorry.

Old March 11th 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"VFW" > wrote in message
> that's what the radiator is about.
> remember the dayz when the heated air off the "cooler" blew onto the 3rd
> cylinder?
> Dog House to the rescue.
> --
> Money; What a Concept !

no... calling it oil cooled at all, in addition to the air cooling, is a
stretch, and even Jan knows this...the oil cooler is necessary to cool the
air, not the engine... engines with designed in intentions for the oil to
help "cool" have many added features for the oil to be put where cooling is
needed... The oil in our aircooled vw's is too cool the oil because of the
heat it picks up while doing it's job, and that job is lubricating....

next you'll tell me a watercooled car is aircooled because air cools the
radiator...<wink>

Old March 11th 10, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Erik Dillenkofer[_2_]

Actually ... they're just plain "cool"!

Old March 12th 10, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Stafford[_3_]

Oil-cooled engines pump oil through the heads. Look at the later BMW
boxers for that.
Old March 16th 10, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VFW

In article >,
"Erik Dillenkofer" > wrote:

> Actually ... they're just plain "cool"!
>
> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
> > Oh I forgot to add fuel cooled. Sorry.
> >

> > Jan Andersson wrote:
> >>
> >> Let me end your misery and spill the big secret here.... it's BOTH air
> >> and oil cooled And under very rainy conditions, also water cooled.

my KG cab. is hot! Thinking I might move up to 1915 from the tired 1776
that's 2X more "ponies" than if came with in 1960.
Glad I have calipers up-front.
--
Money; What a Concept !