Workshop Manual missing section 6? Routine Maintenance

Old May 31st 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Michael Horowitz

Default Workshop Manual missing section 6? Routine Maintenance

I just received my Workshop Manual and although there is a tab labled
"Routine Maintenance" there are no pages.

Anyone else find this omission? - Mike
Old May 31st 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Happy Traveler

How do you expect anyone to tell you without saying for what year and model
that manual is?
You may also be able to find a routine maintenance section in the user's
manual or in a separate booklet that originally came with it. Those can
typically be downloaded from the Ford website (free after registration).

Old June 1st 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Michael Horowitz

On Thu, 31 May 2007 15:57:16 -0700, "Happy Traveler"
> wrote:

>How do you expect anyone to tell you without saying for what year and model
>that manual is?
>You may also be able to find a routine maintenance section in the user's
>manual or in a separate booklet that originally came with it. Those can
>typically be downloaded from the Ford website (free after registration).
>
>"Michael Horowitz" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I just received my Workshop Manual and although there is a tab labled
>> "Routine Maintenance" there are no pages.
>> Anyone else find this omission? - Mike

'97 4WD.
Do you think it makes a diff? - Mike
Old June 1st 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Michael Horowitz

On Thu, 31 May 2007 20:32:18 -0400, Michael Horowitz
> wrote:

>On Thu, 31 May 2007 15:57:16 -0700, "Happy Traveler"
> wrote:
>
>>How do you expect anyone to tell you without saying for what year and model
>>that manual is?
>>You may also be able to find a routine maintenance section in the user's
>>manual or in a separate booklet that originally came with it. Those can
>>typically be downloaded from the Ford website (free after registration).
>>
>>"Michael Horowitz" > wrote in message
. ..
>>>I just received my Workshop Manual and although there is a tab labled
>>> "Routine Maintenance" there are no pages.
>>> Anyone else find this omission? - Mike

>'97 4WD.
>Do you think it makes a diff? - Mike

anyway, Helm replies to look in the user's manual - Mike
Old June 2nd 07, 09:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

Indeed.... "routine maintenance" is considered to be "assumed knowledge" in
regards to workshop manuals. Routine maintenence is covered quite
extensively in owners manual since this is written with the layman in mind.

While Helm does "print" the Ford factory manuals, I do not recall seeing any
sections called "routine maintenance". in the mauals that are drop shipped
to us nor in the online manuals we access on the corporate server.

The owners manual has got to be the worlds most expensive unread book.

Old June 2nd 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Charlie Bress[_2_]

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
> Indeed.... "routine maintenance" is considered to be "assumed knowledge"
> in regards to workshop manuals. Routine maintenence is covered quite
> extensively in owners manual since this is written with the layman in
> mind.
>
> While Helm does "print" the Ford factory manuals, I do not recall seeing
> any sections called "routine maintenance". in the mauals that are drop
> shipped to us nor in the online manuals we access on the corporate server.
>
> The owners manual has got to be the worlds most expensive unread book.

All this has sent me to my copy of the 1992 service manual that I bought
from Helm as soon as I could after getting the 92 Explorerer home.
I am the original and current owner of said vehicle.
The first Group is 00 and includes Section 00-03-1 Maintenance and
Lubrication.
Other sections of this group include info on hoisting,jacking and towing;
noise and vibration diagnosis; and roadability diagnosis.
I wonder if this is what the OP was looking for.

Charlie

Old June 2nd 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Michael Horowitz

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 09:04:39 -0400, "Charlie Bress"
> wrote:

>Lubrication.
>Other sections of this group include info on hoisting,jacking and towing;
>noise and vibration diagnosis; and roadability diagnosis.
>I wonder if this is what the OP was looking for.
>
>Charlie

Nope - a tab labeled "Group 6: Routine Maintenance " - Mike
Old June 2nd 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Charlie Bress[_2_]

"Michael Horowitz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 09:04:39 -0400, "Charlie Bress"
> > wrote:
>

>>Lubrication.
>>Other sections of this group include info on hoisting,jacking and towing;
>>noise and vibration diagnosis; and roadability diagnosis.
>>I wonder if this is what the OP was looking for.
>>
>>Charlie
>>

> Nope - a tab labeled "Group 6: Routine Maintenance " - Mike

What my book has is a page titled "Maintenance Schedule, Ranger/Explorer"
and one titled "Owner Maintenance Checks."

workshop manual for Mk 2.5 1.8iS Robert Boswell Mazda 2 July 8th 06 10:03 AM
164 workshop manual Alfa Romeo 1 June 2nd 06 07:44 PM
164 workshop manual Alfa Romeo 0 May 28th 06 07:34 PM
01 Caravan routine maintenance items Rick Chrysler 12 September 3rd 05 05:36 AM
156 workshop manual Martin N Alfa Romeo 1 February 14th 05 05:50 PM