You Gotta Love This!

Old November 10th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default You Gotta Love This!

http://www.mustangblog.com/index.php...nd-suspension/

Patrick

Old November 10th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

That is a sweet Fox Mustang! Worth every penny the guy paid for it,
IMO. It has an MM suspension and the Cobra IRS rear end. i ssume it
has the Cobra T-56 too. Very nice. The icing on the cake it that it's
a coupe too.

Old November 10th 07, 07:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_2_]

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> That is a sweet Fox Mustang! Worth every penny the guy paid for it, IMO.
> It has an MM suspension and the Cobra IRS rear end. i ssume it has the
> Cobra T-56 too. Very nice. The icing on the cake it that it's a coupe
> too.

Here in Tucson, lots of Fox bodies are showing up at the drags. Full chassis
cars, with all the good stuff. Wonder if the NHRA "aged" them out of their
class? (Like they did the small trucks. That was a shame.)

Al

Old November 10th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Big Al wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> That is a sweet Fox Mustang! Worth every penny the guy paid for it, IMO.
>> It has an MM suspension and the Cobra IRS rear end. i ssume it has the
>> Cobra T-56 too. Very nice. The icing on the cake it that it's a coupe
>> too.

> Here in Tucson, lots of Fox bodies are showing up at the drags. Full chassis
> cars, with all the good stuff. Wonder if the NHRA "aged" them out of their
> class? (Like they did the small trucks. That was a shame.)

Around here it is rare to see a Fox Mustang on the street anymore. I
guess I'm just getting old, as are the Fox cars.
Old November 10th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://www.mustangblog.com/index.php...nd-suspension/
>
> Patrick

I didn't like the look of this car. It took me a while to figure it out, but
it looked odd to me. Because it's a notchback.

I never see them on the street. I mean, I know it's been said the the Foxes
are getting a bit more rare every day, but I never saw a good number of
notchbacks from day one.

I really wanted one, too, back in '93. Couldn't find one on any dealer lot
at the time (this was August-September, and very few leftover '93s were
available, period). But now, when I look back at the notch, it just seems
alien to me. Like something's missing...

A hatch, perhaps.

dwight
www.tfrog.com

Old November 10th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

dwight wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> http://www.mustangblog.com/index.php...nd-suspension/
>>
>> Patrick

> I didn't like the look of this car. It took me a while to figure it out, but
> it looked odd to me. Because it's a notchback.
>
> I never see them on the street. I mean, I know it's been said the the Foxes
> are getting a bit more rare every day, but I never saw a good number of
> notchbacks from day one.
>
> I really wanted one, too, back in '93. Couldn't find one on any dealer lot
> at the time (this was August-September, and very few leftover '93s were
> available, period). But now, when I look back at the notch, it just seems
> alien to me. Like something's missing...
>
> A hatch, perhaps.

I briefly owned a 5-speed '92 5.0L LX Sport coupe several years ago. It
was definitely more solid than the hatchback. Overall, I really liked
it. It also weighed less. In some ways I wish I had kept it and sold
the hatchback. I think the coupes just looked like a car that had no
right to have an ass kicking V-8 in them. They also remind me of the
Mustang II.
Old November 11th 07, 09:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BradandBrooks

Clean 5.0s are impossible to find. I just sold one and yes, I do regret it.
But what the hay... This is an interesting car, but I wouldn't want it...
the charm of the 5.0 is the quirks, the rough around the edges, or as I
remember one magazine saying in 1987, "a car for someone who believes
sophistication is for sissies..."

Old November 11th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

BradandBrooks wrote:
> Clean 5.0s are impossible to find. I just sold one and yes, I do regret it.
> But what the hay... This is an interesting car, but I wouldn't want it...
> the charm of the 5.0 is the quirks, the rough around the edges, or as I
> remember one magazine saying in 1987, "a car for someone who believes
> sophistication is for sissies..."

>>> ups.com...

>>> I didn't like the look of this car. It took me a while to figure it out,
>>> but it looked odd to me. Because it's a notchback.
>>>
>>> I never see them on the street. I mean, I know it's been said the the
>>> Foxes are getting a bit more rare every day, but I never saw a good
>>> number of notchbacks from day one.
>>>
>>> I really wanted one, too, back in '93. Couldn't find one on any dealer
>>> lot at the time (this was August-September, and very few leftover '93s
>>> were available, period). But now, when I look back at the notch, it just
>>> seems alien to me. Like something's missing...
>>>
>>> A hatch, perhaps.

>> I briefly owned a 5-speed '92 5.0L LX Sport coupe several years ago. It
>> was definitely more solid than the hatchback. Overall, I really liked it.
>> It also weighed less. In some ways I wish I had kept it and sold the
>> hatchback. I think the coupes just looked like a car that had no right to
>> have an ass kicking V-8 in them. They also remind me of the Mustang II.

I've always said the Fox Mustangs were the last muscle car in the spirit
of the 1960s cars. Not real refined but a lot of fun to drive.
Old November 12th 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jeff Mayner

BradandBrooks wrote:
> Clean 5.0s are impossible to find. I just sold one and yes, I do
> regret it. But what the hay... This is an interesting car, but I
> wouldn't want it... the charm of the 5.0 is the quirks, the rough
> around the edges, or as I remember one magazine saying in 1987, "a
> car for someone who believes sophistication is for sissies..."

I too sold my '88 5.0 LX and immediately regretted it. The guy I sold it to
still has it.

I visit every once in a while. ;-)