Blue Flags In rfactor

Old July 3rd 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

Default Blue Flags In rfactor

So what do the blue flags in rFactor actually mean?

According to most of the microbial life on the open servers, the blue flags
mean you have to pull over and slow down to let the faster driver though.
The poor little ******s seem incapable of overtaking anything without
ramming it off the road unless they have help.

IMO the blue (in rF) is just a warning that a faster car is approaching and
not an order to pull over. When being overtaken, you should hold your line.
However, you may want to move over while exiting a corner, or on a straight,
and lift to aid safe passing.

Any comments?

Old July 3rd 09, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy,[_2_]

Dave,

A light blue flag, sometimes with a diagonal yellow, orange, or red stripe,
informs a driver that a faster car is approaching and that the driver should
move aside to allow one or more faster cars to pass. During a race, this
would usually only be shown to a lapped driver, but during practice or
qualifying it could be shown to any driver. In some series, the blue flag is
not mandatory {PLEASE NOTE the FOLLOWING} - ***drivers obey it only as a
courtesy to their fellow racers***.

In other series, drivers get severely penalized for not yielding or
interfering with the leaders, including getting sent to the pits for the
rest of the race. In Formula One, if the driver about to be lapped ignores
three waved blue flags in a row, he is required to make a drive-through
penalty.

Sure, you can argue that you would rather be a dick and ignore the flag, im
sure there are people that think stealing is just fine as well...

Old July 3rd 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

We are talking rF here, where the Blue Flag IS NOT an order to pull over. If
you are incapable of lapping a slower car without help then you shouldn't be
on the track.

Old July 3rd 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

"David Fisher's Left Testicle" wrote...
> So what do the blue flags in rFactor actually mean?

Depends on the server setting... if flag rules are enforced, the game will
hand out penalties for ignoring blue flags. It's easy to determine which
setting is in force: if you get a written warning in the message box after
ignoring the blue flag for a couple corners, flag rules are enforced.
Otherwise it's up to your sense of fair play as to how you act.

> According to most of the microbial life on the open
> servers, the blue flags mean you have to pull over
> and slow down to let the faster driver though.

I've noticed this too... even in sections where there really are no
opportunities to let people through.

> <snip>

> IMO the blue (in rF) is just a warning that a faster
> car is approaching and not an order to pull over.
> When being overtaken, you should hold your line. However, you may want to
> move over while exiting
> a corner, or on a straight, and lift to aid safe passing.
>
> Any comments?

I tend to agree, but one can only really do something about over-impatient
drivers in a league context.

Jan.
=---

Old July 4th 09, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Jan Verschueren" > wrote in message
> "David Fisher's Left Testicle" wrote...
>> So what do the blue flags in rFactor actually mean?

> Depends on the server setting... if flag rules are enforced, the game will
> hand out penalties for ignoring blue flags. It's easy to determine which
> setting is in force: if you get a written warning in the message box after
> ignoring the blue flag for a couple corners, flag rules are enforced.
> Otherwise it's up to your sense of fair play as to how you act.
>
>> According to most of the microbial life on the open
>> servers, the blue flags mean you have to pull over
>> and slow down to let the faster driver though.

> I've noticed this too... even in sections where there really are no
> opportunities to let people through.

So true. These people are just brain dead. They entre braking zones right
behind slower drivers and the act surprised when they end up ramming them!
Go in on a different line, you ****ing ****s! 99% of they seem also to think
that you can win the race on the first corner.

****ing moronic ****s, the lot of them!!!!!

Old July 4th 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"PlowBoy," > wrote in message

> Sure, you can argue that you would rather be a dick and ignore the flag,
> im sure there are people that think stealing is just fine as well...

Of course I'm going to ignore the flag on a section where I need to
concentrate on staying in control. What are you, some kind of a ****?
Stealing? You ****ing ****!

Old July 5th 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Niles Anders[_1_]

You're running in the wrong server anyway. Pick a mod and join a league
that runs that mod. The league management will have already set the blue
flag rules and you will know exactly what they mean. Blue flags are most
effective when set at advisory.

Old July 5th 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

You're right, but I don't have time to run in a league.

Old July 5th 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Devil's Reject

David Fisher's Left Testicle wrote:
> So what do the blue flags in rFactor actually mean?

A car is behind you, nothing else. The car behind me is often slower
than me so no way in hell am I moving over for them.
Old July 5th 09, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"The Devil's Reject" > wrote in message
> David Fisher's Left Testicle wrote:
>> So what do the blue flags in rFactor actually mean?

> A car is behind you, nothing else. The car behind me is often slower than
> me so no way in hell am I moving over for them.

You must be a ****ing pole sitter then, in more ways than one!

Ford Mustang Flags? Charles[_10_] Ford Mustang 2 March 12th 08 05:39 AM
Nascar and yellow flags Mitch_ A Simulators 11 June 21st 06 03:00 AM
N2003 & throwing yellow flags KingsHead Simulators 13 March 21st 06 02:56 PM
FLAGS Sarah Czepiel Ford Mustang 1 June 18th 05 01:43 AM
OBD II Readiness Flags? TheSmogTech Technology 1 February 1st 05 12:39 AM