terrible gas milage

Old August 7th 04, 07:46 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Default terrible gas milage

(Johnny) wrote in message . com>...
> A friend of mine gets really bad gas mileage on his car - perhaps half
> of what's in the manual or what consumer reports measured for his car.
> Is this a possible sign of a major problem?

Did he actually measure the mileage? I had a friend once who was
complaining that she only got 20 mpg and i asked her how she knew.
She said, "I fill the tank every week - isn't that about 20 mpg?"
I've never forgotten that.
Old August 7th 04, 12:27 PM
Lugnut

"Bernard Farquart" > wrote in message
news

> "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in

message
> om...
> >
> > Did he actually measure the mileage? I had a friend once who was
> > complaining that she only got 20 mpg and i asked her how she knew.
> > She said, "I fill the tank every week - isn't that about 20 mpg?"
> > I've never forgotten that.

> Amazing! Laura knows someone stupider that she.

Was she blonde as well?

Old August 16th 04, 08:28 PM

"Brian Barnson" > wrote in message news:<LG7Rc.34665$J06.26769@pd7tw2no>...
> "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote >
>
> > Did he actually measure the mileage? I had a friend once who was
> > complaining that she only got 20 mpg and i asked her how she knew.
> > She said, "I fill the tank every week - isn't that about 20 mpg?"
> > I've never forgotten that.

> My personal farorite: "I get really good mileage, I can go to
> (pick a destination) and back on half a tank."
>
> How big's your tank?
>
> "I dunno."

I've heard that too. Republicans just can't think.
Old August 18th 04, 04:25 PM

Eb > wrote in message >. ..
> Fuel injected cars use a computer to continously adjust the fuel/air
> ratio. If an exhaust oxygen or other engine sensor is defective it
> could cause the engine to run excessively rich (use too much fuel)
> reducing the fuel mileage.

I had an O2 sensor go bad once and yes, the mileage got horrible.

92 nissan pickup gas milage Wwj2110 4x4 3 October 13th 04 03:16 AM
Gas milage in a 1990 Civic Terry Honda 0 October 4th 04 05:44 PM
2003 Civic Gas Milage Pars Honda 2 October 3rd 04 10:23 PM
2003 Stratus 2.4L Bad Milage. Why? NDA Dodge 20 April 20th 04 03:34 PM