1984 325E with an "M" on the front grille and and back

Old September 6th 05, 10:46 PM
Chippsta

Default 1984 325E with an "M" on the front grille and and back

I've been told that my car is rare, and i'm not sure.
It's a 1984 325e, but has two "M's" on it. BBS 16" wheels, front and
rear cowlings and side ground effects (i think is what they're called)
driving lights, and a black rubber spoiler.
I've been told it's rare, first of the "M" series, and i've been told
that somebody just stuck that "M" on there ! What say you BMW fans ?

Old September 6th 05, 11:19 PM
Sharkman540i

a 325e is a 325e!
M badges are sold seperately.....
the two together do not make a rare car!
lots of torque, most efficient engine, I had one a few years ago.
ups.com...

Old September 7th 05, 05:40 PM
Somebody.

"Sharkman540i" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Chippsta" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > I've been told that my car is rare, and i'm not sure.
> > It's a 1984 325e, but has two "M's" on it. BBS 16" wheels, front and
> > rear cowlings and side ground effects (i think is what they're called)
> > driving lights, and a black rubber spoiler.
> > I've been told it's rare, first of the "M" series, and i've been told

If you could indulg me for a second, with apologies in advance....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Ok, thanks.

There are no special M cars. There are cars with M-Technic accessories, but
none of these ever bore an M badge from factory. It is an abomination to
apply an M badge to a 325e -- e=eta, which means less power, more torque,
4500rpm redline instead of 6800, reduced emmissions. Hardly an M car.

An E30 M3 has flared fenders, a BMW Motorsport 4-cylinder engine, and 5-lug
wheels, among many other differences. There are no other versions on the
E30 platform.

-Russ.

Old September 7th 05, 06:45 PM

The M badges have just been stuck on, it is not a M3. If it was an M3
it would not be called a 325e it would be called an M3. If it was an M3
on the engine it would have "M Power" written on it. If it was an M3, I
think, you'd know about it, as it would have cost you a lot, lot more
than a 325 and would be a lot, lot faster and your insurance would be a
lot, lot higher. It would also say "M3" on the registration
certificate, service history, etc.

Old September 8th 05, 01:49 AM
AL

It is rare because no one would be caught with that on their car LOL. Take
the M of the car ans spare yourself the embarrASSment of trying to bew
something your card is not.

M Roadster '00
ups.com...

Old September 8th 05, 11:04 PM
Sharkman540i

can you post a link to a pic?
maybe you need to post a pic of it on this site here...
http://www.jimmy540i.com/bmwnightmare.htm
ups.com...