I left the engine lid off

Old June 22nd 10, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VFW

Default I left the engine lid off

I was working on the engine and sometimes it's just easier to take the
"hood" off. So since the weather is so nice , I thought why not leave it
off. You should see the double takes. Many don't see enough Ghias to
even know the engine is in the back and air-cooled.
I just hope nobody steals the battery.
--
Money! What a concept.
Old June 23rd 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:41:34 +0200, VFW > wrote:

> I was working on the engine and sometimes it's just easier to take the
> "hood" off. So since the weather is so nice , I thought why not leave it
> off. You should see the double takes. Many don't see enough Ghias to
> even know the engine is in the back and air-cooled.
> I just hope nobody steals the battery.

In a Ghia that means two lids off, inner and trunk yes?
Or are you missing the inner lid?

J.
Old June 23rd 10, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VFW

In article >,
"P.J.Berg" > wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:41:34 +0200, VFW > wrote:
>
> > I was working on the engine and sometimes it's just easier to take the
> > "hood" off. So since the weather is so nice , I thought why not leave it
> > off. You should see the double takes. Many don't see enough Ghias to
> > even know the engine is in the back and air-cooled.
> > I just hope nobody steals the battery.

> In a Ghia that means two lids off, inner and trunk yes?
> Or are you missing the inner lid?
>
> J.

bonnet and boot terms get me confused too.
--
Money! What a concept.
Old June 24th 10, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"P.J.Berg" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:41:34 +0200, VFW > wrote:
>
>> I was working on the engine and sometimes it's just easier to take the
>> "hood" off. So since the weather is so nice , I thought why not leave it
>> off. You should see the double takes. Many don't see enough Ghias to
>> even know the engine is in the back and air-cooled.
>> I just hope nobody steals the battery.

> In a Ghia that means two lids off, inner and trunk yes?
> Or are you missing the inner lid?
>
> J.

No, a ghia only has the rear deck, not an outer and inner, that would be bus
or type 3....

http://www.cargurus.com/images/2009/...pic-48759.jpeg

Old June 24th 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VFW

In article >,
"Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

> "P.J.Berg" > wrote in message
> news
> > On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:41:34 +0200, VFW > wrote:
> >
> >> I was working on the engine and sometimes it's just easier to take the
> >> "hood" off. So since the weather is so nice , I thought why not leave it
> >> off. You should see the double takes. Many don't see enough Ghias to
> >> even know the engine is in the back and air-cooled.
> >> I just hope nobody steals the battery.

> > In a Ghia that means two lids off, inner and trunk yes?
> > Or are you missing the inner lid?
> >
> > J.

> No, a ghia only has the rear deck, not an outer and inner, that would be bus
> or type 3....
>
> http://www.cargurus.com/images/2009/...pic-48759.jpeg

well, there is a tray just under the vent. Was metal and then
plastic..to catch the rain and channel it away.
--
Money! What a concept.
Old June 25th 10, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

VFW wrote:
> In article >,
> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
>
>> "P.J.Berg" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> In a Ghia that means two lids off, inner and trunk yes?
>>> Or are you missing the inner lid?
>>>
>>> J.

>> No, a ghia only has the rear deck, not an outer and inner, that would be bus
>> or type 3....
>>
>> http://www.cargurus.com/images/2009/...pic-48759.jpeg
>>

> well, there is a tray just under the vent. Was metal and then
> plastic..to catch the rain and channel it away.

Beetles used to have one too.... at least my 1970 1500sp did. Only ever
seen two other bugs that did. Mine was metal but I have seen a later
type that was plastic, I could swear. Like a sailor.
Old June 25th 10, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VFW

In article >,
Jan Andersson > wrote:

> VFW wrote:
> > In article >,
> > "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

> >> No, a ghia only has the rear deck, not an outer and inner, that would be
> >> bus
> >> or type 3....
> >>
> >> http://www.cargurus.com/images/2009/...pic-48759.jpeg
> >>

> > well, there is a tray just under the vent. Was metal and then
> > plastic..to catch the rain and channel it away.

> Beetles used to have one too.... at least my 1970 1500sp did. Only ever
> seen two other bugs that did. Mine was metal but I have seen a later
> type that was plastic, I could swear. Like a sailor.

I had a beetle w/o such a "rain hood" I imagine rain can reek havoc
with the electrical.
--
Money! What a concept.
Old June 25th 10, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Stafford[_3_]

In article >,
VFW > wrote:

> I had a beetle w/o such a "rain hood" I imagine rain can reek havoc
> with the electrical.

Never had trouble with rain on the engine.
Old June 28th 10, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:50:40 +0200, Joey Tribiani > wrote:

> "P.J.Berg" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:41:34 +0200, VFW > wrote:
>>
>>> I was working on the engine and sometimes it's just easier to take the
>>> "hood" off. So since the weather is so nice , I thought why not leave
>>> it
>>> off. You should see the double takes. Many don't see enough Ghias to
>>> even know the engine is in the back and air-cooled.
>>> I just hope nobody steals the battery.

>> In a Ghia that means two lids off, inner and trunk yes?
>> Or are you missing the inner lid?
>>
>> J.

> No, a ghia only has the rear deck, not an outer and inner, that would be
> bus or type 3....
>
> http://www.cargurus.com/images/2009/...pic-48759.jpeg

Ahh, memory what is that..

J.

Old June 29th 10, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"P.J.Berg" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:50:40 +0200, Joey Tribiani > wrote:
>
> Ahh, memory what is that..

not sure PJ, I can't remember....<G>