Good tires? Looking for tire source

Old August 15th 05, 07:48 AM

Default Good tires? Looking for tire source

I was wondering if anyone had purchased those cooper tires from the
real source, I think they are $200 plus S&H. The belts are showing on
my tires and 2 are flat, so it's off the road until I get new ones.
Would kinda like to get them sooner than later. Are these a good deal
or is there some other ones out there I can't seem to find. I checked
with the local tire shops around my town and none of them carry
165/r15. Also, is is possible for me to remove the tires that are
currently on my car myself and refurbish the rims? I know they used
alot of gunk to get the tires I have on there to seal and I want to get
that off and repaint the rims. Anyway, just wondering what other
people's experiences are with those cooper tires or any other tire for
that matter. Money is an issue, but I'd pay to have some tires that
will last me 5 years or longer. Thanks

Old August 15th 05, 01:55 PM
johnboy

Do you mean Coker of Tennessee? Their 165r15 is (or was) made by Goodyear.
Has a nice, thin whitewall, too. Google "Coker Tires". I'll bet you find
them.

IMHO. Don't be too cheap on tires.

You might have better luck in the neighborhood asking for the size 5.60x15
or 6.00 x 15.

Depends on what rims you have, but I run tubes under the 'tubeless' style
because I just don't trust the early OEM rims.

oups.com...

Old August 16th 05, 12:32 AM
Tim Rogers

"Randall Post" > wrote in message

> I bought their Vredestein 155SR15 tires about 7 years ago. Today, those

tires
> sell for $69. 165/15 tires in the same brand cost $53. Shipping charges

are
> cheap -- about $8 for two tires IIRC.

...............Vredestein tires are great. I've had a set on my '77 for
almost three years. 185/65's on the front, 205/65's on the back.

Old August 16th 05, 12:54 AM
User Example

Tim Rogers wrote:
> "Randall Post" > wrote in message
>
>>I bought their Vredestein 155SR15 tires about 7 years ago. Today, those

> tires
>
>>sell for $69. 165/15 tires in the same brand cost $53. Shipping charges

> are
>
>>cheap -- about $8 for two tires IIRC.
>>

> ..............Vredestein tires are great. I've had a set on my '77 for
> almost three years. 185/65's on the front, 205/65's on the back.

I recently bought 155SR15 Vreds for my Ghia. I like them