two piece soft doors - tinted?

Old February 25th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Nathan W. Collier[_4_]

Default two piece soft doors - tinted?

i went to order two piece soft doors for my jeep (just like these
http://7slotgrille.com/reviews/doors/index.html that i put on my '03) and
cant find uppers with tinted windows. the bestop website shows soft upper
replacements that are tinted but not with the two piece doors. im wondering
if anyone knows of a source for soft doors with tinted windows to match the
tinted windows on the soft top.
thanks,

--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Old February 25th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_23_]

It looks like about a hundred dollar auto upholstery shop job to get the
windows replaced with tinted. I wouldn't bother buying any kind of soft top
product, that wasn't made by Bestop or Jeep.

Earle

Old February 25th 08, 10:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Old Crow

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:07:23 -0700, "Nathan W. Collier" >
wrote:

>i went to order two piece soft doors for my jeep (just like these
>http://7slotgrille.com/reviews/doors/index.html that i put on my '03) and
>cant find uppers with tinted windows. the bestop website shows soft upper
>replacements that are tinted but not with the two piece doors. im wondering
>if anyone knows of a source for soft doors with tinted windows to match the
>tinted windows on the soft top.
>thanks,

Nate, even the Bestop replacement tops that are ordered with tinted
windows come with the door windows clear. There *are* laws about that
**** in some states, you know.
--
Old Crow "Yol Bolson!"
'82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl"

Old February 25th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_23_]

"Old Crow" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:07:23 -0700, "Nathan W. Collier" >
> wrote:
>
>>i went to order two piece soft doors for my jeep (just like these
>>http://7slotgrille.com/reviews/doors/index.html that i put on my '03) and
>>cant find uppers with tinted windows. the bestop website shows soft upper
>>replacements that are tinted but not with the two piece doors. im
>>wondering
>>if anyone knows of a source for soft doors with tinted windows to match
>>the
>>tinted windows on the soft top.
>>thanks,

> Nate, even the Bestop replacement tops that are ordered with tinted
> windows come with the door windows clear. There *are* laws about that
> **** in some states, you know.
> --

I wondered why you could only get the back three windows tinted. That
clears that up. Still, if Nate takes his two top doors to a local
upholstery shop, they're not going to ask, and his local laws might be
different. Still, ask your local sheriff's deputy or state patrol first,
heh.

Cheers,

Earle

Old February 25th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Nathan W. Collier[_4_]

"Old Crow" > wrote in message
> Nate, even the Bestop replacement tops that are ordered with tinted
> windows come with the door windows clear. There *are* laws about that
> **** in some states, you know.

....sure would be nice to have the option. soft doors are typically trail
doors anyway.

Old February 25th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_23_]

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
> "Old Crow" > wrote in message
>> Nate, even the Bestop replacement tops that are ordered with tinted
>> windows come with the door windows clear. There *are* laws about that
>> **** in some states, you know.

> ...sure would be nice to have the option. soft doors are typically trail
> doors anyway.

The idea is that cops don't like them. I guess BLM rangers wouldn't either.

Cheers,

Earle

Old February 26th 08, 10:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Old Crow

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:33:10 -0700, "Earle Horton"
> wrote:

>"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
>> "Old Crow" > wrote in message
>>> Nate, even the Bestop replacement tops that are ordered with tinted
>>> windows come with the door windows clear. There *are* laws about that
>>> **** in some states, you know.

>> ...sure would be nice to have the option. soft doors are typically trail
>> doors anyway.
>>

>The idea is that cops don't like them. I guess BLM rangers wouldn't either.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Earle

My guess is that they'd like to be able to see that 1911 in your hand
as they walk up to the door to hassle you about how fast you were
going.
Not that I blame 'em.
--
Old Crow "Yol Bolson!"