Pink Kate

Old April 18th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default the reported bear attack

http://www.pmcammo.com/images/jsp.jpg

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

Old April 18th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I never noticed that, but I don't currently own any .44 mag caliber weapons.
Lots of others, but nothing in the caliber of Clint.

Spdloader

Old April 18th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yep, that's it!

They may have another name now, everything gets reinvented and needs a
cooler name, but that's a semi-jacketed wadcutter.
Great round.

Spdloader

Old April 18th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Spdloader did pass the time by typing:
> I never noticed that, but I don't currently own any .44 mag caliber weapons.
> Lots of others, but nothing in the caliber of Clint.

I've been eyeing a sweet .454 Casule. Only drawback is the max
caliber you can conceal carry under Oklahoma law is .45 :/

--
DougW

Old April 18th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

My very favorite caliber, is the .45

For concealed carry, I have an accurized, balanced, Novak'd Colt Officers
ACP

I owned a couple of the .454's I have been "gun poor" a time or two in my
life.

I just favor the .45 now.

My favorite anti-bear weapon is the Polaris Sportsman 700.

Spdloader

Old April 18th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"DougW" > wasted time by writing in
> Spdloader did pass the time by typing:
> > I never noticed that, but I don't currently own any .44 mag caliber
> > weapons. Lots of others, but nothing in the caliber of Clint.

> I've been eyeing a sweet .454 Casule. Only drawback is the max
> caliber you can conceal carry under Oklahoma law is .45 :/

You don't need to conceal carry for grizzly. They are not that smart. ;^)

Earle

Old April 18th 06, 03:43 AM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III >, the surplus diver, bewailed:

> Nope. Look down your anything but a 44 mag and you will not see
> that ridge. The first bullet through is feels pefect, it's the second
> without cleaning that is dangerous.

bluh bluh

--
alt.usenet.kooks - Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker:
September 2005 and April 2006

ObHint: Just because you argue with a notorious ****wit netk0oK, it
does not necessarily follow that you are not also a ****wit netk0oK.
Old April 18th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

It doesn't surprise me, the old native american grizzly claw necklaces
were notable for the way in which the wearer harvested them--kinda like
modern kids steal lights off cop cars. They can be killed with a .22
as well. The folklore is that when they get ticked off they become much
like a crack addict overdosed on meth. I've only been treed once and
wasn't particularly interested in the .22 theory.

Earle Horton proclaimed:

Old April 18th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I believe the stereotypical method is to shoot it thru the roof of the
mouth. Of the folks who actually had to go after the problem bears back
before tranq guns, most used 12 guage magnum and double buck shot, with
trained bear dogs. A 7 mm or 300 magnum works pretty good, it can lift
the bear completely off its feet with an uphill shot.

Earle Horton proclaimed:

Old April 18th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Kate proclaimed:

> "Earle Horton" > wrote
> : My coworkers in Virginia hunted black bear with shotgun slugs, but they
> : didn't always do the job. One told me he was sure he had exterminated a
> : young black bear, so he started carrying it back to the pickup, whereupon
> : Mr. Bruin commenced to complain. I'm told that it is a strange feeling,
> : having a wounded bear come to life on your back.
> :
> : Earle
> :
>
> Did he mention if he needed a change of pants or not?
> That would be a really bad feeling I think.
>
> Yet another good reason to field dress your game I guess.

Not that unusual a tale. Seems deer take offense at being shot as well,
and can rip a hunter to ribbons rather quickly. Not that afraid of even
a grizzly, but I really would prefer to stay away from a senior bull
moose in the fall--not even the grizzlies are stupid enough to tackle
those mellow marsh munchers.