Aura AM radio issue

Old July 6th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Usenet User

Default Aura AM radio issue

Wanted to listen to an AM station today and AM sounds like it is way off
frequency. Station cannot really be heard. Sounds like a low level
sideband signal. Can this thing have gotten out of calibration? Is there
a way to adjust or recalibrate it myself?
Old July 17th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_9_]

Hi

Sound like your antenna might be disconnected. I would check
that first. See if the station gets louder when you grab the antenna.
If not then it is probably disconnected.

Fred

Old July 29th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
New & Improved - N/F John

I'd like to know why AM radios aren't better sounding. I thought AM was
transmitted in stereo since the 80's. Does anyone know?

Old August 5th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_9_]

I think it has to do with history I suppose. They came out with FM and that
had
good bandwidth for music. So all the music went to FM and
the talk shows got AQM. AM never got any better.

Old August 10th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
New & Improved - N/F John

I did a bit of reading on the issue after the posting. One of the issues is
competing formats. We are all too familar with such differences and no
leadership by the government or trade group.

"Fred" > wrote in message
> I think it has to do with history I suppose. They came out with FM and

that
> had
> good bandwidth for music. So all the music went to FM and
> the talk shows got AQM. AM never got any better.
>
> "New & Improved - N/F John" > wrote in message
> > I'd like to know why AM radios aren't better sounding. I thought AM was
> > transmitted in stereo since the 80's. Does anyone know?
> >

> > "Fred" > wrote in message
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Sound like your antenna might be disconnected. I would check
> >> that first. See if the station gets louder when you grab the antenna.
> >> If not then it is probably disconnected.
> >>
> >> Fred

Now we've got an Aura Usenet User Saturn 0 June 30th 08 11:07 PM
New Aura [email protected] Saturn 4 June 8th 07 11:36 PM
Radio antenna issue-95 civic BILLKPGH Honda 2 April 26th 06 08:01 AM
01 Sebring Radio Issue HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! chrisparr Chrysler 2 March 19th 06 08:00 AM
Mustang In-dash Factory Radio Issue - Pls assist MS Ford Mustang 2 August 18th 05 01:15 PM