Driver's seat wearing out

Old December 29th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_9_]

Default Driver's seat wearing out

Hi
Does anyone have a suggestion for ripped seats?
Should I look for a place that fixes them or are new
ones better?
Fred
94 SC2
cloth buckets.

Old December 30th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bob Shuman

Shark,

You did good on the salvage yard seat!

I've had the same thoughts when I pulled parts from a local U-Pull-It yard
myself. The wrecks with the deployed air bags and shattered front
windshields, but with blood stains on the front dash, steering column, and
seats bothered me the most. I recall wondering if the driver was wearing
their seat belts and how badly they were injured.

I think every 16-year old should be required to walk through a junk yard to
see some of these wrecks BEFORE they are given their licenses.

Bob

"Shark" > wrote in message
>I picked up a very inexpensive beauty at a salvage yard. I found one with
>very little wear and tear, where I believe a tiny teeny gal totaled her car
>and who couldn't have weighed much as compared to me & my fat butt. I hope
>she/they were OK from the accident. In fact, going through that salvage
>yard really bothered me. I started thinking about how many people must have
>gotten seriously hurt to produce so many wrecks in that salvage yard.
>Really bothered me. Anyway, for me it was way cheaper to get one there as
>replacement material/cloth alone was a lot more expensive that what I paid
>at the junk yard. Think I paid 25 bucks or so.
>
> Fred wrote:
>> Hi
>> Does anyone have a suggestion for ripped seats?
>> Should I look for a place that fixes them or are new
>> ones better?
>> Fred
>> 94 SC2
>> cloth buckets.

E28 driver's seat wanted Scott Dorsey BMW 3 September 11th 07 08:45 PM
Driver's seat s[_1_] BMW 5 June 27th 07 02:48 AM
Replacing driver's side curtain and driver's side seat airbags... '04 Jetta [email protected] VW water cooled 2 February 21st 06 05:58 PM
Thinking about not wearing seat belts? Floyd Rogers Driving 6 November 3rd 05 11:03 PM
Obese Woman Cited For Not Wearing Seat Belt Old Wolf Driving 0 June 12th 05 11:37 PM