imported radiators: good or bad?

Old September 12th 08, 11:59 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Bob Urz

Default imported radiators: good or bad?

There seems to be a number of sellers (some on ebay) selling imported
replacement radiators for much cheaper prices.

Anybody got a real world opinion's on these?

good?

bad?

issues?

bob

Old September 13th 08, 12:36 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_4_]

bob urz wrote:
> There seems to be a number of sellers (some on ebay) selling imported
> replacement radiators for much cheaper prices.
>
> Anybody got a real world opinion's on these?
>
> good?
>
> bad?
>
> issues?
>
> bob

2/3 of ALL the ones sold are imports. Very few U.S. made ones any longer.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
Old September 18th 08, 01:26 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Fred[_9_]

I've had one in my Jeep for 5 years now. Works great.

Fred

Old September 18th 08, 09:00 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech

Here's what I've done in the past with vehicles I intend to keep. I
go to someplace like Auto Zone where the prices are inexpensive and
the hardware has lifetime warranty. I keep the paperwork as long as I
keep the vehicle. Have replaced lots of stuf, alternators, radiators,
water pumps, etc.

To a certain extent, you then don't care all that much about the
quality in terms of cost, just in terms of replacement annoyance.

You just have to compare the cost on EBay (inc shipping) with the cost
from AZ and see if the difference is worth the 'insurance premium' to
you.

Pete