Horn wiring?

Old April 20th 10, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VFW

Default Horn wiring?

I know if 1950 the bug grounded the horn thru a brush like thingy on the
steering column and then the "tube" on the steering column was mounted
in rubber and later on they went to another system.
What I can't figure out is how the 1971 van horn works. Mine started
blowing whenever the key was on. I wire a separate button on the dash.
I think all of the above fed power directly to the horn while the other
side was the ground. that what the horn button did.
any enlightenment here/
--
Enjoy this moment ! Thanks. g.
Old April 20th 10, 11:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Just a suggestion hoping your T2 is the same circuit/switch configuration
as my T3,s and T1,s. Make sure the three screws that secure the horn ring
( under the plastic bezel) are not tightened too far down against the
springs . This jams the horn switch on and the horn blows as soon as
ignition is turnes on.
On all my cars the horn gets straight 12 volts from fuse and the horn
switch puts an earth on the other side. If it still blows after you have
adjusted those three screws there is a miswire in the steering column. Hope
that helps, apologies if T2 is different to above.
John

Old April 20th 10, 01:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim[_2_]

VFW wrote:
> I know if 1950 the bug grounded the horn thru a brush like thingy on the
> steering column and then the "tube" on the steering column was mounted
> in rubber and later on they went to another system.
> What I can't figure out is how the 1971 van horn works. Mine started
> blowing whenever the key was on. I wire a separate button on the dash.
> I think all of the above fed power directly to the horn while the other
> side was the ground. that what the horn button did.
> any enlightenment here/

Go: http://www.type2.com/library/suspens/sterhorn.htm

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Old April 20th 10, 08:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VFW

In article >,
Speedy Jim > wrote:

> http://www.type2.com/library/suspens/sterhorn.htm