NC motorists who hit protesters blocking roadways will be legallyprotected under proposed bill

Old May 18th 17, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Wiley E. Coyote

Default NC motorists who hit protesters blocking roadways will be legally protected under proposed bill

Siri Cruise > wrote in
:

> In article >, Wayne
> > wrote:
>
>> On 5/16/2017 3:04 PM, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
>> > http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/08...it-protestors-
>> > blocking-roadways-will-be-legally-protected-under-proposed-bill.html
>> >
>> > Drivers in North Carolina might soon be allowed to plow their cars
>> > through protesters forming human walls on the road.
>> >
>> > A new bill approved by the state House will legally protect motorists
>> > who hit protesters blocking the road‹as long as they ³exercise due
>> > care,² according to The News & Observer in Raleigh.
>> >
>> > House Bill 330 was approved in a 67-48 vote late last week. The bill
>> > was drafted in response to protests in Charlotte that paralyzed
>> > traffic last fall.
>> >

>> Looks like a sensible bill. Here in LA there have been gangs of thugs
>> closing the 110 freeway through downtown. I'll bet the motorists
>> inconvenienced would welcome such a bill in CA.

> I see where you place the value of human life. Be glad others value your
> life more than you value theirs.
>
> Anyway start an initiative petition to amend the vehicle code.

Really, Siri? You want the students to kill Ann Coulter. Would it be wrong
for someone to want you dead?

--
It's time for the students to step up their game and kill people like
Coulter.

Siri Cruise > April 25, 2017
Old May 18th 17, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Wiley E. Coyote

Siri Cruise > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> "Scout" > wrote:
>
>> "Siri Cruise" > wrote in message
>> > In article >, Wayne

>> > I see where you place the value of human life. Be glad others value
>> > your life
>> > more than you value theirs.

>> When they don't value their own lives enough NOT to jump, move, or
>> stand in front of moving cars....why should I care about their lives?

> In California vehicles yield the right of way to pedestrians regardless
> of whether the pedestrians are making a legal crossing. Call the police
> when suspect jaywalking or obstruction of traffic and let the police
> deal with it. Police can deal with unarmed criminals without killing or
> maiming people.
>
> But, no, you place a higher value on a few minutes of frustration over
> human life. Tell me again how only liberals do violence.

Why bother. You don't value Ann Coulter's life. As can be seen in my
sigline.

Old May 18th 17, 05:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Ned Latham

----snip----

> > Well, if motorists would decide to clip the first couple jumping out
> > into traffic, I bet the rest would be a lot less eager to follow.

> And then you find out at your trial that was a police officer making
> a traffic stop or a roadworker.

How does a police officer make a roasworker?
Old May 18th 17, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
nospam[_4_]

In article
Cruise > wrote:

> > > I see where you place the value of human life. Be glad others value your
> > > life
> > > more than you value theirs.

> > When they don't value their own lives enough NOT to jump, move, or stand in
> > front of moving cars....why should I care about their lives?

> In California vehicles yield the right of way to pedestrians regardless of
> whether the pedestrians are making a legal crossing.

that might be what the law says, but anyone who steps in front of a
moving vehicle which shows no signs of slowing down is not going to
enjoy the outcome.

> Call the police when
> suspect jaywalking or obstruction of traffic and let the police deal with it.

what for? jaywalking is self-enforcing. anyone that gets hit won't do
it again. problem solved.

> Police can deal with unarmed criminals without killing or maiming people.

history indicates otherwise.

> But, no, you place a higher value on a few minutes of frustration over human
> life. Tell me again how only liberals do violence.

anyone who runs in front of a moving vehicle doesn't value their own
life, so why should a motorist value it more than the person does?
Old May 18th 17, 06:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Siri Cruise

In article >,
nospam > wrote:

> > In California vehicles yield the right of way to pedestrians regardless of
> > whether the pedestrians are making a legal crossing.

> that might be what the law says, but anyone who steps in front of a
> moving vehicle which shows no signs of slowing down is not going to
> enjoy the outcome.

Actual protesters obstruct traffic in a way that the cars have enough time to
see them and stop. They hold up traffic for a short time until the police and
highway patrol show up and arrest the protestors. The road is cleared without
killing or maiming anyone. The annoyance of waiting does not justify attacking
human beings, at least in civilisation. Your neck of the wood is still waiting
for roads paved with actual road and indoor plumbing.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
Free the Amos Yee one.
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha.
Old May 18th 17, 06:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Siri Cruise

In article . 88>,
"Wiley E. Coyote" > wrote:

> Really, Siri? You want the students to kill Ann Coulter. Would it be wrong
> for someone to want you dead?

Come back after your ESL lessons.

Old May 18th 17, 06:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
nospam[_4_]

In article
Cruise > wrote:

> > > In California vehicles yield the right of way to pedestrians regardless
> > > of
> > > whether the pedestrians are making a legal crossing.

> > that might be what the law says, but anyone who steps in front of a
> > moving vehicle which shows no signs of slowing down is not going to
> > enjoy the outcome.

> Actual protesters obstruct traffic in a way that the cars have enough time to
> see them and stop.

you were talking about jaywalking.

the entire goal of protesters is to shut down roads and inconvenience
innocent drivers who just want to go to work or home or wherever it is
they're going. some of them attack the drivers who insist on getting
past their crap.

> They hold up traffic for a short time until the police and
> highway patrol show up and arrest the protestors. The road is cleared without
> killing or maiming anyone. The annoyance of waiting does not justify
> attacking
> human beings, at least in civilisation. Your neck of the wood is still
> waiting
> for roads paved with actual road and indoor plumbing.

on what planet is this?

here's what really happens:
<http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...ple-caught-up-
in-2594851.php>
A 72-year-old man driving the Chevrolet minivan and his 70-year-old
wife were surrounded by bicyclists who rocked their vehicle, police
said, adding that two witnesses told them that three riders threw
their bicycles in front of the minivan to block its path.

Tempers flared on both sides and the minivan's windshield was
shattered and a wiper bent, but Berkeley police did not make any
arrests, said Sgt. Mary Kusmiss, department spokeswoman.

no arrests.

<http://www.seattlepi.com/local/artic...otest-marred-b
y-violence-1280435.php>
For years, bicyclists involved with Critical Mass have gathered
monthly to ride through Seattle streets in a show of support for the
rights of bicyclists. For the most part, Seattle police have taken a
hands-off approach to the riders, although the protest tactics
include filling the streets with bikes, putting a stop to vehicular
traffic.

a 'hands-off approach'.

<http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...per-Level-of-G
eorge-Washington-Bridge-398665691.html>
Delays at the bridge for traffic heading into New York from New
Jersey were up to nearly 90 minutes; traffic cameras showed
bumper-to-bumper traffic barely inching along.*

90 minutes is not 'a short time'.
Old May 18th 17, 06:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Siri Cruise

In article >,
nospam > wrote:

> the entire goal of protesters is to shut down roads and inconvenience

Yeah.

> innocent drivers who just want to go to work or home or wherever it is
> they're going. some of them attack the drivers who insist on getting
> past their crap.

Attack someone with your car, and they get to defend themselves.

> <http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...ple-caught-up-
> in-2594851.php>
> A 72-year-old man driving the Chevrolet minivan and his 70-year-old
> wife were surrounded by bicyclists who rocked their vehicle, police
> said, adding that two witnesses told them that three riders threw
> their bicycles in front of the minivan to block its path.

But Meggs disputed that account, saying the man drove toward
the cyclists, prompting the confrontation. On a video of the
incident filmed by Meggs, cyclists are seen trying to remove
three bicycles stuck beneath the right front tire of the van.

Two different stories about who initiated the conflict. Of course you already
know who's right because you're omniscient. California peace officers can't make
misdemeanor arrests unless they are witnesses or have an arrest warrant.

> monthly to ride through Seattle streets in a show of support for the

Seattle isn't in Calfornia.

> Delays at the bridge for traffic heading into New York from New
> Jersey were up to nearly 90 minutes; traffic cameras showed

New York and New Jersey are not in California.

> 90 minutes is not 'a short time'.

Actually it is. Turn on your radio and listen to Rush.

'What you say about him is what you say about society.'

Old May 18th 17, 08:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
tRudy Crayola

On 5/17/2017 11:25 PM, Ned Latham wrote:
> Siri Cruise wrote:
>> Scout wrote:

> ----snip----
>
>>> Well, if motorists would decide to clip the first couple jumping out
>>> into traffic, I bet the rest would be a lot less eager to follow.

>> And then you find out at your trial that was a police officer making
>> a traffic stop or a roadworker.

> How does a police officer make a roadworker?

It usually starts with a kiss...For finite details ask Rudy Canoza the
News Groups Fairy.

--
Rudy's Nut & Fruit farm- Sacramento
Old May 18th 17, 11:40 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Wiley E. Coyote

Siri Cruise > wrote in
:

> In article . 88>,
> "Wiley E. Coyote" > wrote:
>
>> Really, Siri? You want the students to kill Ann Coulter. Would it be
>> wrong for someone to want you dead?

> Come back after your ESL lessons.

Incoherent much?