Carlok on jeep rubicon 2005

Old May 19th 11, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ULB

Default Carlok on jeep rubicon 2005

It's been ages since I posted here. I thought I would give it a try
anyway.

I bought a jeep rubicon 2005 new back in the day. The dealer had put
in a carlok (spelled just like that). Its just a little remote that
when you push the button it allows you to start the car with the key
within 60 seconds etc. My little remote has seen better days, and I'm
worried it's going to break while on the trail or battery die on the
remote. Yeah I could get a new battery and store it somewhere but
****, the jeep is a beater now. I've abused the crap out of it, so I
doubt anyone would want to steal it anyway.

Anyone have any idea where the chip or device would be placed in the
jeep? I assume its just a small bypass, click on the button and it
completes the circuit.

Thanks boys and girls, hope you are doing well.
Old May 22nd 11, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

ULB wrote:
> It's been ages since I posted here. I thought I would give it a try
> anyway.
>
> I bought a jeep rubicon 2005 new back in the day. The dealer had put
> in a carlok (spelled just like that). Its just a little remote that
> when you push the button it allows you to start the car with the key
> within 60 seconds etc. My little remote has seen better days, and I'm
> worried it's going to break while on the trail or battery die on the
> remote. Yeah I could get a new battery and store it somewhere but
> ****, the jeep is a beater now. I've abused the crap out of it, so I
> doubt anyone would want to steal it anyway.
>
> Anyone have any idea where the chip or device would be placed in the
> jeep? I assume its just a small bypass, click on the button and it
> completes the circuit.
>
> Thanks boys and girls, hope you are doing well.

No dice looking for info. Must have been a local special.

Generally you trace back the starter wire from the key. Look under
the dash, most splice into the harness just after the steering shaft
connector and run to a box and back out to the original wire.

I'd start with the wiring diagram and go from there. Only a few places
it could have been easily placed and under the dash is usally the spot.

--
DougW