1970 VERT...Swingaxle?

Old July 3rd 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
jd-drafter@home

Default 1970 VERT...Swingaxle?

is that possible? it was a junkyard resto, has the dualport/doghouse/dual
oil relief engine, in pretty good shape.

now sure how i missed this... i just assumed it was irs...? and i think it's
ball joint in front?

am i wacked? or is this possible?

thanks much...

jesse d

Old July 3rd 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

jd-drafter@home wrote:
> is that possible? it was a junkyard resto, has the dualport/doghouse/dual
> oil relief engine, in pretty good shape.
>
> now sure how i missed this... i just assumed it was irs...? and i think it's
> ball joint in front?
>
> am i wacked? or is this possible?
>
> thanks much...
>
> jesse d

Find the VIN stamped under the rear seat.
A resto made up of different pan and bodies?

Or...it was an imported car; often different than US spec.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old July 3rd 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Kidd

jd-drafter@home wrote:
> is that possible? it was a junkyard resto, has the dualport/doghouse/dual
> oil relief engine, in pretty good shape.
>
> now sure how i missed this... i just assumed it was irs...? and i think it's
> ball joint in front?
>
> am i wacked? or is this possible?
>
> thanks much...
>
> jesse d

That's how they were in Europe I think? Nothing special about that.
What you found may be a body swap, did you check if the pans have
facroty convertible reinforcements underneath?

Jan

Jan

The average four year-old child asks over four hundred questions a day.
Old July 4th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
jd-drafter@home

> Find the VIN stamped under the rear seat.
> A resto made up of different pan and bodies?

that was my next move...

> Or...it was an imported car; often different than US spec.

cool- thanks...

jd-drafter

Old July 4th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
jd-drafter@home

> That's how they were in Europe I think? Nothing special about that.
> What you found may be a body swap, did you check if the pans have facroty
> convertible reinforcements underneath?

i did check that at least, and yes it looks to be the factory reinforcement,
and it does not look like there has been any mod's to the swing arm pivots
to indicate a conversion,

seeing as it's street only i am not worried about the difference too much'
and if it were a baja i would have noticed right away..

i do think i'll be adding a roll bar though, just for safety sake. i just
want to be sure it's a clean install-

thanks- much-