2000 Passat what is DTC's P0306?

Old February 23rd 09, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Default NOW: Weak Heat at idle.......WAS : 2000 Passat V6 what is DTC's P0306?

Now do you notice the air flow slowing down when at idle or speeding up when
the engine speeds up?
Might be a weak charging system allowing the heater blower to change speed.

Does your Passat have the electronic climate controlled heating system or
just some dials to control the heat?
The electronic system might have vacuum devices, but the mechanical dials
should not.

Here are two Passat specific yahoo groups you can join.

--
later,
vw doc

> wrote in message

On Feb 17, 10:50 pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
> wrote:
> Low on coolant, air in cooling system, partially clogged heater core,
> defective water pump or ???
>
> I would first try flushing out the heater core or better yet having the
> cooling system professional flushed out.
> My reasoning...........if the heater core is partially clogged then it
> will
> not get hot enough unless the flow of hot coolant increases.
>
> > wrote
>
> snip
>
> I have a 2000 Passat V6 that likes to lose heat (blows cold air) at
> 1800 rpm and lower like when I stop for a red light, but as soon as I
> hit 1800 and higher she blows hot again. any thoughts? I also need to
> replace plugs...93,000... but I don't think I want to go there

has plenty of fluid but I will try having the system flushed. could it
be vacuum related? my reasoning... low vac. at idle, boosts upon
acceleration.? side note, not sure this is related but air
conditioning acts funny also. cold air goes in and out just like heat
and i hear weird noises like internal vents are opening and closing.
I did fill the a/c and the cheap gauge reads warning zone, but don't
know I you can trust those gauges... but obviously something is not
right.

Old February 23rd 09, 03:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 19:55:05 -0600, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
> wrote:

>Now do you notice the air flow slowing down when at idle or speeding up when
>the engine speeds up?
>Might be a weak charging system allowing the heater blower to change speed.
>
>Does your Passat have the electronic climate controlled heating system or
>just some dials to control the heat?
>The electronic system might have vacuum devices, but the mechanical dials
>should not.
>
>Here are two Passat specific yahoo groups you can join.

Even non-electronic systems may use vacuum controlled vents.
It could be a vacuum problem.

Old February 23rd 09, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Tube Audio[_2_]

Default 2000 Passat V6 what is DTC's P0306?

where is cylinder # 6, is it the left (drivers side) towards the radiator or
firewall

Old February 23rd 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

I think you are right! If the a/c is set on Recycle then flaps will close
off the external air inlet.
I can't think of any other vacuum vents though.
Which other vents on a 2000 Passat would be vacuum controlled with the
mechanical controls that would cause the OP's problem?
That is if it is even an "air flow" issue! ;-)

Old February 24th 09, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

look here
http://autorepair.about.com/library/...bl-fo-2870.htm