BP, and others, from a previous thread

Old May 24th 10, 09:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

Default BP, and others, from a previous thread

"chuckcar" > wrote in message

> Yes, but BP owns the well, and hence the responsibility. Although I'd
> like nothing better that to see Cheney on some beach in LA not wearing a
> hazmat suit of any sort picking up tarballs with his bare hands and
> bagging them.

I understand your anger..sincerely.

Assignment of liability and responsibility will make some lawyers rich,
because you can almost bet that this will be investigated and argued in
court.

Might BP have been a victim here? Maybe...if they contracted for
-equipment,
-personnel
-expertise
-products, or
-technology that turned out to be faulty or applied by a contractor
outside the terms of the agreements and guarantees,
then BP might argue that the real liability should be focused somewhere
else.

I dont know if all the responsibility will float to the top on this one.
Regardless, it does not remove the oil from our waters and tidelands.

Old May 24th 10, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

"hls" > wrote in
:

> "chuckcar" > wrote in message
>
>> Yes, but BP owns the well, and hence the responsibility. Although I'd
>> like nothing better that to see Cheney on some beach in LA not
>> wearing a hazmat suit of any sort picking up tarballs with his bare
>> hands and bagging them.

> I understand your anger..sincerely.

Not anger, just amazement that no one has been properly interrogated (as
in what they do the Al Queda members) as to why the problem hasn't been
fixed and there's seems to be no hurry to do so. It doesn't really
affect me in the least - aside from if I happen to go to red lobster or
somesuch. I live no where near La. In fact I'm literally the other end
of the river and then some.

> Assignment of liability and responsibility will make some lawyers
> rich, because you can almost bet that this will be investigated and
> argued in court.

Then they'll get no answers at all. Only mea culpas. Not what's needed.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
Old May 25th 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"chuckcar" > wrote in message

> Then they'll get no answers at all. Only mea culpas. Not what's needed.

What is needed is to get this blowout stopped....and BP is doing what they
can to achieve this.... Let's get the fire put out before we arrest the
firemen.

This is indeed a nightmare. Mistakes were certainly made. Perhaps the
worst thing that can happen now is for our Obama administration to get
involved in something they know absolutely nothing about (which turns
out to be almost everything).

The experts, companies like BP and Cameron and MI-Swaco, and others,
have the most capable people and technologies in the world. They are
the brain surgeons. Let them get their job done, and afterward somebody
is going to get an asswhipping.

Old May 25th 10, 03:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

According to the article,,, BP was tapping the second largest oil
deposit in the World.
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=289800
cuhulin

Old May 25th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

BP had a key role in the Exxon Valdez disaster.
htp://www.bignewsnetwork.com/index.php/cat/a97a4109a449ff84
cuhulin

Old May 25th 10, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim

wrote:

> According to the article,,, BP was tapping the second largest oil
> deposit in the World.

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=289800
> cuhulin

You really need to find some sources that can do simple arithmetic.
Using
the figures given in the article there isn't enough oil in that well to
supply the US consumption for one year.

-jim

Old May 26th 10, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
APLer

"hls" > wrote in
:

> "chuckcar" > wrote in message
>>>

>> Then they'll get no answers at all. Only mea culpas. Not what's
>> needed.
>>

> What is needed is to get this blowout stopped....and BP is doing what
> they can to achieve this.... Let's get the fire put out before we
> arrest the firemen.

What? They've had a full month and all they've done is saved some of
their precious oil. Nothing more.

Old May 26th 10, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

APLer > wrote in :

> "hls" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "chuckcar" > wrote in message
>>>>
>>> Then they'll get no answers at all. Only mea culpas. Not what's
>>> needed.
>>>

>> What is needed is to get this blowout stopped....and BP is doing what
>> they can to achieve this.... Let's get the fire put out before we
>> arrest the firemen.
>>

> What? They've had a full month and all they've done is saved some of
> their precious oil. Nothing more.

Sorry folks. One of the disadvantages of trying to avoid a nymshifting
troll by taking a page out of his book is sometimes you post with the
wrong one - how it actually stopped working to tell the truth.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )