BEWARE of Unintended Acceleration...

Old December 26th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken Zwyers

Default BEWARE of Unintended Acceleration...

I know that it's hard to think of this in the middle of things, but put it
into Neutral next time.

et...

Old December 26th 06, 11:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Dec 24, 7:54 am, (Brent P) wrote:
<SNIP>
>Drive? My car's don't have 'drive'. They have real transmissions.

<SNIP>

hey hey... let's leave the automatic bashing out of this...LOL!

Old December 26th 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Dec 24, 5:09 pm, "Jim Warman" > wrote:
> <SNIP>
> Of the few late model Mustangs I've driven, I have to note that the pedals
> are too close together for my big old clodhoppers and I find it easy to
> cover both pedals at the same time.
> <SNIP>

I've had a couple of people comment on how close together the pedals on
my 2005 seem to be... Not a problem for me... but I have noticed on
occasion if my foot is on the right side of the brake pedal some times
my foot will catch the gas pedal...

Old December 27th 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
2.3Sleeper

I think this person works for the new Camaro design team.

Don Manning

.. .

Old December 28th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
john smith

I thought they found that the gas peddle was bent not the brake pedddle like
you would have thought.

Old December 29th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GatorMan

trainfan1 wrote:
> GatorMan wrote:
>
>> Beware and be warned. My 2006 Mustang GT Premium Coupe w/ auto trans.
>> We took delivery of this Mustang on October 27th 0f this year. A brand
>> new 2006 leftover. We have not had the car two months yet. The car has
>> only 1100 miles on it.
>>
>> We went to visit a friend this evening to check out the Christmas
>> Lights. Upon leaving to come home around 6:30 the Mustang took off all
>> by itself. I backed out of his driveway and as soon as I put the car
>> in drive the engine revved up all by itself. I put not one but both
>> feet on the brakes and could not stop it. The engine would not slow
>> down or go back to idle. All I could do was steer and try to avoid
>> hitting things. Well I missed the first house in my path, but went up
>> on the lawn of the second home and hit a Cadillac in the driveway. I
>> careened of the Caddy and made a 90 degree turn going across the
>> street into a driveway hitting the garage and finally coming to a stop.
>>
>> When I get the car back from the body shop, I am thinking it needs a
>> dead-man switch installed. The least I can do for my family's safety.
>>
>> Drive careful, with those Mustangs (with the drive by wire systems).
>>
>> Ron in Florida
>>

> Post the police report. Redacted to your desire, but let's see it.
>
> Rob

Okay, you got your wish. We have ordered the police report from FHP.
As soon as I get the report I will post it. And if you wish, e-mail me
your phone no. and I'll fax it to you.

Ron in Florida (Gator Man)
Old December 29th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

GatorMan wrote:
> Beware and be warned. My 2006 Mustang GT Premium Coupe w/ auto trans. We
> took delivery of this Mustang on October 27th 0f this year. A brand new
> 2006 leftover. We have not had the car two months yet. The car has only
> 1100 miles on it.
>
> We went to visit a friend this evening to check out the Christmas
> Lights. Upon leaving to come home around 6:30 the Mustang took off all
> by itself. I backed out of his driveway and as soon as I put the car in
> drive the engine revved up all by itself. I put not one but both feet on
> the brakes and could not stop it. The engine would not slow down or go
> back to idle. All I could do was steer and try to avoid hitting things.
> Well I missed the first house in my path, but went up on the lawn of the
> second home and hit a Cadillac in the driveway. I careened of the Caddy
> and made a 90 degree turn going across the street into a driveway
> hitting the garage and finally coming to a stop.
>
> When I get the car back from the body shop, I am thinking it needs a
> dead-man switch installed. The least I can do for my family's safety.
>
> Drive careful, with those Mustangs (with the drive by wire systems).
>
> Ron in Florida

Ron in Florida,

That is some funny ****. If by chance, some of it is true though, here
is what everyone is thinking. You were showing off to a friend (hot
doggin'), lost control, and aren't a very good driver, and do not react
well. You are why I drive an Excursion. See ya on the road.

Duped

Old December 29th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Dec 24, 5:13 am, GatorMan > wrote:
> Beware and be warned. My 2006 Mustang GT Premium Coupe w/ auto trans. We
> took delivery of this Mustang on October 27th 0f this year. A brand new
> 2006 leftover. We have not had the car two months yet. The car has only
> 1100 miles on it.
>
> We went to visit a friend this evening to check out the Christmas
> Lights. Upon leaving to come home around 6:30 the Mustang took off all
> by itself. I backed out of his driveway and as soon as I put the car in
> drive the engine revved up all by itself. I put not one but both feet on
> the brakes and could not stop it. The engine would not slow down or go
> back to idle. All I could do was steer and try to avoid hitting things.
> Well I missed the first house in my path, but went up on the lawn of the
> second home and hit a Cadillac in the driveway. I careened of the Caddy
> and made a 90 degree turn going across the street into a driveway
> hitting the garage and finally coming to a stop.
>
> When I get the car back from the body shop, I am thinking it needs a
> dead-man switch installed. The least I can do for my family's safety.
>
> Drive careful, with those Mustangs (with the drive by wire systems).
>
> Ron in Florida

Seems you are not alone... I found this rather interesting...

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_2247754/tm.htm

Old December 29th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"John S." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> On Dec 24, 5:13 am, GatorMan > wrote:
>> Beware and be warned. My 2006 Mustang GT Premium Coupe w/ auto trans. We
>> took delivery of this Mustang on October 27th 0f this year. A brand new
>> 2006 leftover. We have not had the car two months yet. The car has only
>> 1100 miles on it.
>>
>> We went to visit a friend this evening to check out the Christmas
>> Lights. Upon leaving to come home around 6:30 the Mustang took off all
>> by itself. I backed out of his driveway and as soon as I put the car in
>> drive the engine revved up all by itself. I put not one but both feet on
>> the brakes and could not stop it. The engine would not slow down or go
>> back to idle. All I could do was steer and try to avoid hitting things.
>> Well I missed the first house in my path, but went up on the lawn of the
>> second home and hit a Cadillac in the driveway. I careened of the Caddy
>> and made a 90 degree turn going across the street into a driveway
>> hitting the garage and finally coming to a stop.
>>
>> When I get the car back from the body shop, I am thinking it needs a
>> dead-man switch installed. The least I can do for my family's safety.
>>
>> Drive careful, with those Mustangs (with the drive by wire systems).
>>
>> Ron in Florida

> Seems you are not alone... I found this rather interesting...
>

> http://www.mustangforums.com/m_2247754/tm.htm

What you have found just PROVES what everyone else here has been saying
about the brakes, and a normal drivers reactions!

"I held the brake down hard which kept me from moving but the RPMS kept
increasing and the tires began squealing, I put the car in Park (instinct)
and now the engine is red-lining so I turned the ignition off. I then
restarted and it ran ok."

Old December 30th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GatorMan

John S. wrote:

> On Dec 24, 5:13 am, GatorMan > wrote:
>> Beware and be warned. My 2006 Mustang GT Premium Coupe w/ auto trans. We
>> took delivery of this Mustang on October 27th 0f this year. A brand new
>> 2006 leftover. We have not had the car two months yet. The car has only
>> 1100 miles on it.
>>
>> We went to visit a friend this evening to check out the Christmas
>> Lights. Upon leaving to come home around 6:30 the Mustang took off all
>> by itself. I backed out of his driveway and as soon as I put the car in
>> drive the engine revved up all by itself. I put not one but both feet on
>> the brakes and could not stop it. The engine would not slow down or go
>> back to idle. All I could do was steer and try to avoid hitting things.
>> Well I missed the first house in my path, but went up on the lawn of the
>> second home and hit a Cadillac in the driveway. I careened of the Caddy
>> and made a 90 degree turn going across the street into a driveway
>> hitting the garage and finally coming to a stop.
>>
>> When I get the car back from the body shop, I am thinking it needs a
>> dead-man switch installed. The least I can do for my family's safety.
>>
>> Drive careful, with those Mustangs (with the drive by wire systems).
>>
>> Ron in Florida

> Seems you are not alone... I found this rather interesting...
>

> http://www.mustangforums.com/m_2247754/tm.htm

I have already ordered a "kill switch" for our mustang.
As soon as it comes out of the body shop, installing the
kill switch will be my first priority.....

http://www.killswitchcentral.com