Installing vent window rubber-how to

Old April 20th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Harry Balzac

Default Installing vent window rubber-how to

Can someone direct me to a source on how to install the rubber around the
vent windows on a 69 Bug?
It looks like the window frame (the chrome part that moves) needs to be
removed and reinstalled with new rivets in order to get the rubber piece in
place. Yes or no?

Is there a source for rivets?

Thanks in advance.
Old April 20th 07, 05:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Michael Cecil

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 01:45:41 GMT, Harry Balzac >
wrote:

>Can someone direct me to a source on how to install the rubber around the
>vent windows on a 69 Bug?
>It looks like the window frame (the chrome part that moves) needs to be
>removed and reinstalled with new rivets in order to get the rubber piece in
>place. Yes or no?
>
>Is there a source for rivets?
>
>Thanks in advance.

I think you pretty much need to remove all the aluminum "chrome" bits
including both the inner and outer scrapers to really get the vent window
out. I guess you could take out just the long felt channel and maybe get
the vent window out if you're careful though.

You can get rivets here but I just used stainless anti-vibration nuts and
some security bolts. (That way if I lock myself out I can unbolt the
window and get in easily). Also, I wasn't sure how I would set the
rivets.
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails....16%2D111%2D648
--
Michael Cecil
http://home.roadrunner.com/~macecil/
Old April 21st 07, 12:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

"Harry Balzac" > schreef in bericht
> Can someone direct me to a source on how to install the rubber around the
> vent windows on a 69 Bug?
> It looks like the window frame (the chrome part that moves) needs to be
> removed and reinstalled with new rivets in order to get the rubber piece
> in
> place. Yes or no?
>
> Is there a source for rivets?
>
> Thanks in advance.