Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Old July 15th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

Default Unamazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

American cars SUCK. Here are the top 18 GPS Confirmed Speedo pics from
speed demons from around the world on Highways and Tracks. NOT ONE OF
THEM is an American car.

If Corvettes are so good PROVE it. Make it into the top 10 and POST a
pic on the need for speed website PROVING how good American Cars are.
THEY SUCK and are technologically inferior and that's why none of them
are in the top 18.

1

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - 409 km/h (402 km/h GPS)
High Speed test by Auto Motor Und Sport
For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"

2

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - 407 km/h (GPS)
High Speed Test by Top Gear
For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"

3

Bugatti Veyron - 402 km/h
High speed test by Car And Driver

4

McLaren F1 - 391 km/h
For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"

5

Porsche 996 GT2 9ff 9f-V400 - 390 km/h
For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"

6

Bugatti EB 110 - 389 km/h
Pic taken from Sport Auto

7

Porsche 996 GT2 9ff 9f-V400 - 388 km/h GPS
840 hp , on the Nardo circuit (2004.12.20)
Jan D - www.9ff.de

8

Koenigsegg CCR - 388 km/h
World speed record on the Nardo circuit
For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"

9

Porsche 996 GT2 9ff 9f-V400 - 386 km/h GPS (Nardo)
Jan D - www.9ff.de

10

Audi TT MTM Bimoto - 384 km/h GPS
High speed by MTM at Papenburg

11

Audi TT Bimoto MTM - 373 km/h
High speed test on the Nardo circuit by Auto Motor Und Sport

12

Porsche 996 9ff 9f-T7 - 372 km/h (GPS)
SpiriTT - Option Auto n°150

13

Audi TT Bimoto MTM - 371 km/h
For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTO"

14

Ferrari Enzo - 366 km/h
Kalbas @ www.gumball3000.com

15

Brabus Rocket CLS V12 Biturbo 730 hp - 365.7 km/h
High speed Nardo circuit by Brabus

16

Brabus Rocket CLS V12 Biturbo 730 hp - 362 km/h
High speed Nardo circuit by Brabus
Pablo D G - Spain

17

Porsche Ruf RT12 - 361 km/h
Test on the Nardo circuit by Auto Motor Und Sport
For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"

18

Porsche 959 - 360 km/h (225 mph)
Michael

Old July 15th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

Default Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

On Jul 14, 9:22 pm, db wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:08:47 -0700, Sal >
> wrote:
>
> >Passat sold 331,414 which was +28.3% in Europe in 2006. It's only
> >getting more popular.
> >The US is NOT the world, only a small part of the world.
> >The world thinks of Corvettes like it thinks of Jerry Springer.
> >Name any country where the Corvette sold close to that.

> There are a lot of reasons why Corvettes will not sell well in other
> countries. Europe is NOT the world either so tell me what the Passat
> sold elsewhere such as in the US, Japan or China ? With such small
> numbers to start with, percentage increases will look large.

NAME One other MIDSIZE car besides Accord, Camry and Passat that that
sold more than 300,000 units on any continent in 2006? 331,414 are
DAMN good yearly sales for most cars world wide, but that's just what
the PASSAT does in Europe alone and it's very popular in the Middle
East, Australia, and other places too and the most popular European
Midsize Car in America. Corvette sales worldwide are nothing compared
to Passat Sales.

Old July 15th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

On Jul 14, 9:28 pm, The Wolf With the Red Roses <after-dark-
> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:31:24 -0700, Sal > wrote
> something wonderfully witty:
>
> >It's a BRAND new car, up till a few weeks ago it was a prototype, it's
> >just gone into production.

> WTF, the W8 has been around since `04.

If you'd actually read the thread, you'd realize that the GTI W12 Twin
Turbo was being discussed there.

Old July 15th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

On Jul 14, 9:35 pm, The Wolf With the Red Roses <after-dark-
> wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 01:34:05 -0500, db wrote something wonderfully
> witty:
> <snip>
>
> >Ok so I don't own either car but even if what you say is true, frankly
> >I'll take a Honda Accord for a daily driver and a Corvette for fun
> >driving any day over your choices. I dare you to tell me your family
> >car is more reliable than the Honda or more popular than a Corvette?
> >Where I live, I don't see too many Passats compared to Corvettes so I
> >guess per your rant, no matter how fast they are, people prefer
> >Corvettes.

> >And I don't recall recently seeing anyone here claim the Corvette was
> >the fastest car around. What I have seen is that it's a fun car to
> >drive with good performance.

> Well maybe that is because there is no "new" W8's, they just didn't
> sell at 90k+. Now you might see a run of the mill ****ant running
> around, but they are rather pedestrian.
>
> --
>
> "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
> illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
> which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Passat W8s cost about 40k in the US when it was still being produced
not 90K. The GTI W12 Twin Turbo may be 90K if it ever goes into
production that is.

Old July 15th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

On Jul 14, 9:40 pm, The Wolf With the Red Roses <after-dark-
> wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:08:47 -0700, Sal > wrote
> something wonderfully witty:
>
> >Passat sold 331,414 which was +28.3% in Europe in 2006. It's only
> >getting more popular.
> >The US is NOT the world, only a small part of the world.
> >The world thinks of Corvettes like it thinks of Jerry Springer.
> >Name any country where the Corvette sold close to that.

> BFD dumbass. Saying anything sold somewhere else, ain't sayin a whole
> helluva lot when your talkin bout the USofA.

That's the kind of attitude that's sadly going to make China the
world's lone HYPERpower and the USA a hasbeen like the British and
Roman Empires. I hope that this kind of attitude is rare in the rest
of the US because thankfully it's rare in my part of the country
especially among my classmates at college.

Old July 15th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
db

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:40:19 -0700, Sal >
wrote:

>On Jul 14, 9:22 pm, db wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:08:47 -0700, Sal >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Passat sold 331,414 which was +28.3% in Europe in 2006. It's only
>> >getting more popular.
>> >The US is NOT the world, only a small part of the world.
>> >The world thinks of Corvettes like it thinks of Jerry Springer.
>> >Name any country where the Corvette sold close to that.

>> There are a lot of reasons why Corvettes will not sell well in other
>> countries. Europe is NOT the world either so tell me what the Passat
>> sold elsewhere such as in the US, Japan or China ? With such small
>> numbers to start with, percentage increases will look large.

>NAME One other MIDSIZE car besides Accord, Camry and Passat that that
>sold more than 300,000 units on any continent in 2006? 331,414 are
>DAMN good yearly sales for most cars world wide, but that's just what
>the PASSAT does in Europe alone and it's very popular in the Middle
>East, Australia, and other places too and the most popular European
>Midsize Car in America. Corvette sales worldwide are nothing compared
>to Passat Sales.

That's because they're not the same type of car... family car vs.
sports car.
Old July 15th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

Production Lingenfelter Corvette...
http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_cor_c6_427.htm

--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old July 15th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

> Sorry folks got carried away in a Deliverance Moment. Ta-da-ta-dum

LMFAO
--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old July 15th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

> Passat W8s cost about 40k in the US when it was still being produced
> not 90K. The GTI W12 Twin Turbo may be 90K if it ever goes into
> production that is.

Here is a copy of one of your other post from the other day where you said
it was already in production...
So not only are you full of **** you are a ****ING lier...

You posted this 7-12-2007 9:31 PM Central time...

Old July 15th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

I'm sure that the top speed is still shockingly low for the power
given the Corvette's horrible horsepower to top speed ratio.