Anyone have a Logitech G-15 Gaming Keyboard ?

Old February 3rd 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Anyone have a Logitech G-15 Gaming Keyboard ?

I'm looking at it for the backlit keys. I work in a cave (I HATE overhead
lights). It looks like they did this one right by actually lighting up the
letters, and not just the gap around the keys.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10717

How do you like it? How is the key comfort?

I type some 80wpm and I don't want to give up comfort/accuracy just for the
lights.

I don't care for the Saitek.

Any other recommendations for lighted keyboards?

-Larry

Old February 3rd 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I got one and I'm quite happy with the lighting of the key. I'm using it in
a dark room and it's great.
It seems a lot of users have problems with paint going off the key. (They
are transparant and black paint makes up the key mask)
I personally don't have this problem but maybe it's getting worse at 80wpm.
As for the confort, please try to find one to test feel!
For me it's great.

newsRNEf.155141$oG.41734@dukeread02...

Old February 4th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I picked one up. I love it.

I'm looking for a temp display for the LCD

I hope the paint thing doesn't become an issue. That would really suck.

-Larry

Old February 4th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Go to : http://www.g15forums.com/ you should get everything your looking
for.

Old February 5th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:06:43 -0500, "Larry" > wrote:

>I'm looking at it for the backlit keys. I work in a cave (I HATE overhead
>lights).

Me too!

> It looks like they did this one right by actually lighting up the
>letters, and not just the gap around the keys.

Could be a little brighter, but I like it. I had a Saitek but the
early model I purchased only lit around the keys, not the letters
themselves. I think the new version lights up the keys too.

>http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10717
>
>How do you like it? How is the key comfort?

Very nice. It's softer than the Saitek. One thing I had to adjust to
is that with the extra programmable keys on the left I had to adjust
where it is on my desk. It is kind of a big footprint but no bigger
than any MS one.

>I type some 80wpm and I don't want to give up comfort/accuracy just for the
>lights.

So do I. I like it. I have not tried to progam any of the macro keys
though.

>I don't care for the Saitek.
>
>Any other recommendations for lighted keyboards?
>
>-Larry

-pw

use paul at williamsonenterprises dot com for e-mail
Old February 5th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:06:43 -0500, "Larry" > wrote:

>I'm looking at it for the backlit keys. I work in a cave (I HATE overhead
>lights). It looks like they did this one right by actually lighting up the
>letters, and not just the gap around the keys.
>
>http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10717
>
>How do you like it? How is the key comfort?
>
>I type some 80wpm and I don't want to give up comfort/accuracy just for the
>lights.
>
>I don't care for the Saitek.
>
>Any other recommendations for lighted keyboards?
>
>-Larry

By the way - forget about using the LCD display for displaying game
info, etc....... At last check, there are only two games listed at
Logitech's website that support the keyboard. But it is nice having
the LCD display the clock while I am playing a game so I know how late
I am pushing the envelope as far as the wifer is concerned :-)

Old February 6th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I bought the original Saitek as well. Took it back the same night when I
found out it was only surround-lighting, not true key lighting.

-Larry

news

Old February 6th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Nice for a quick processor check too.

I've found that NR2003 never tops 50% CPU usage

-Larry