Extended Warranty

Old January 24th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe

Default Extended Warranty

I am thinking of buying an extended warranty for my '05 and want to
hear the group's recommendations on where to buy. Is the Ford dealer
the best bet or are there other options I should consider.
Old January 24th 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
oklaman

when I purchased my 2000, the dealer offered an policy by Interstate, which
was less expensive than Ford.

I have had about 3-4 claims that have always been paid.

Old January 24th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bob[_11_]

I purchased an '05 XLT and the dealer quoted me $1800 for a 75K mile extended
warranty. I passed and ended up buying a 100K mile extended warranty
from DirectWarranty.com for about $1100.

:
:I have had about 3-4 claims that have always been paid.
.. .

Old January 24th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bob[_11_]

In article >, Bob > wrote:

:from DirectWarranty.com for about $1100.

Sorry...make that WarrantyDirect.com
Old January 26th 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Scott Van Nest

Do an internet search for "Ford ESP". You will find many websites that list
the std Ford ESP policies and prices. The one I used some time ago was
fordesp.com. I took the prices from that website to the dealership when I
purchased my F150 and they gave me the warranty no questions asked. If I
recall the web prices are half what a stealership normally sell them at.

Scott

Old January 26th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Steven Hilgendorf

Yep, purchased my ESP on the web for my Explorer. I'm in Wisconsin and
the online Ford dealer I purchased from was somewhere in Texas. Same
warranty, half the cost my local dealer quoted. If memory serves I was
also able to pay it in two, or three, installments.

If you decide to go with an aftermarket plan consider purchasing it from
a local dealer. Be careful, do your homework, and check with a few
local dealers concerning which plans pay and which ones don't. Some
plans are a nightmare to get reimbursement. I did have a decent
aftermarket plan on a '94 Mustang, but I purchased it through a local
Ford dealer, who even waived the deductible when serviced with them.

Good luck,

Steven

Old March 26th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
quiggles

I would recommend the dealer, their warrinties are usually better and cover
more parts, and your vehicle will always be serviced by a ford dealer with
ford trained and certified technicians

Old March 26th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe

Thanks for all the feedback. I priced the extended warranty at the
dealer and through some internet companies. The cost was so high that
I decided to go without a warranty. Unless I am terribly unlucky, I
doubt I will spend the amount of the warranty cost on repairs.

Extended Warranty DougW Jeep 0 May 21st 06 08:03 PM
Extended warranty oil change question David BMW 2 February 16th 06 01:14 PM
honda care extended warranty Drew Honda 3 February 7th 06 05:28 PM
extended warranty Rich VW water cooled 1 March 20th 05 11:00 AM
extended warranty - prices? / should I? FTLOSM Dodge 7 March 18th 05 10:25 PM