Fireworks Are Even More Dangerous Than You Think

Old July 5th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Cheri

Default Fireworks Are Even More Dangerous Than You Think

Scott en Aztlán wrote in message ...
>Letting your kids play in the street is never a good idea. Letting
>your kids play with illegal fireworks isn't too bright, either. But
>the combination can be deadly.
>
>KTLA's top story this morning is a tragic one: in two separate
>incidents, two young children, who were setting off fireworks in the
>middle of the street, were struck and killed by automobiles.
>
>The parents of those kids should be charged with negligent homicide.
>They should also be forced to pay restitution to the two drivers for
>physical damage to their vehicles and emotional trauma.
>--
>What the heck, I'll play too.
> - Dave

Kids playing in the street and setting off fireworks here too. The real
problem on my street, is cars turn right off a main thoroughfare onto
the street which is a residential street, and that's right where the
kids were. There were a couple of close calls with the kids, with the
parents partying right there in the front yard, saying nothing to the
kids. It made very nervous, so I went into my house and didn't watch the
fireworks that the city puts on. I watched Boston Pops on TV instead.
Much better than seeing one of those kids run over, but still shaking my
head at the ignorance of the parents.

Cheri

Old July 7th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
DTJ

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 08:41:55 -0700, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom>
wrote:

>Kids playing in the street and setting off fireworks here too. The real
>problem on my street, is cars turn right off a main thoroughfare onto
>the street which is a residential street, and that's right where the
>kids were. There were a couple of close calls with the kids, with the
>parents partying right there in the front yard, saying nothing to the
>kids. It made very nervous, so I went into my house and didn't watch the
>fireworks that the city puts on. I watched Boston Pops on TV instead.
>Much better than seeing one of those kids run over, but still shaking my
>head at the ignorance of the parents.

And everybody who reads this is shaking their head wondering why you
were too lazy to call the cops.
Old July 7th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Cheri

DTJ wrote in message ...

>And everybody who reads this is shaking their head wondering why you
>were too lazy to call the cops.

Oh, I seriously doubt that everybody who is reading it is wondering why
I didn't call the cops. I imagine "most" people would know that it would
be an excercise in futility.

Cheri

Old July 7th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
The Real Bev[_1_]

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> Just goes to show you that money doesn't buy class.

Neither does poverty.

> Anyway, it was inevitable that some of these kids would get run over
> while playing out in the middle of the street in pitch darkness. But
> these arrogant numbskull parents will never learn until it is THEIR
> kid that dies.

A 4-year-old girl from the local subsidized housing rode her tricycle
down the driveway into the street right in front of a bus. The sitter
was inside the house. There were teenagers hanging around near the
driveway. The cops decided it was an accident.

Still haven't heard from the grieving parent(s).

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old July 8th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
DTJ

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 19:46:39 -0700, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom>
wrote:

Is there a reason for the extra white space?

>DTJ wrote in message ...
>
>>And everybody who reads this is shaking their head wondering why you
>>were too lazy to call the cops.

>Oh, I seriously doubt that everybody who is reading it is wondering why
>I didn't call the cops. I imagine "most" people would know that it would
>be an excercise in futility.

Yes, but most still would have tried.
Old July 8th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
DTJ

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 20:22:30 -0700, The Real Bev
> wrote:

>Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>
>> Just goes to show you that money doesn't buy class.

>Neither does poverty.
>
>> Anyway, it was inevitable that some of these kids would get run over
>> while playing out in the middle of the street in pitch darkness. But
>> these arrogant numbskull parents will never learn until it is THEIR
>> kid that dies.

>A 4-year-old girl from the local subsidized housing rode her tricycle
>down the driveway into the street right in front of a bus. The sitter
>was inside the house. There were teenagers hanging around near the
>driveway. The cops decided it was an accident.
>
>Still haven't heard from the grieving parent(s).

Subsidized housing? Odds are there was only one parent, and odds are
even greater they don't care except that their welfare will be cut.