Best rFactor mods?

Old November 15th 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default Best rFactor mods?

(Mr. Sylvestre) wrote:

> The Lotus Elan from the Historic GT & Touring cars mod is my
> current (i mean, this week's) favourite.

Thanks for that. But for some reason I can't install that mod... it fails right at
the end for some reason. I must download it again.

In the mean time though (and not a million miles away) I stumbled across a Huttu
vid on hughtoob of him driving a GTL Porsche 906 at the 'Ring. It motivated me to
put some time into GTL again, and after installing the latest GTL version of the
Nordschleife (similar to the rFactor one you mention) I found myself having a
rather good time. Well, I would be having a good time if I could work out how to
consistently stop the Porsche's tail beating its nose into corners. :->

It's a challenge anyway, which is what I needed. While GTL doesn't give me quite
the same feeling of being in control of real metal & rubber on real tarmac, it's a
lot better -- sadly -- than the Race07/Evo engine.

> BTW, I hate your iRacing movies. My credit card is getting
> dangerously close to a first iRacing subscription despite the fact
> that I am not much into online racing and I am not too enthusiastic
> about their business model either.

I used to say everyone should try it. Now I'm increasingly inclined to say STAY
AWAY. iRacing f*cks you up! :-)

Hello, my name's Andrew and I haven't had an iRace for eight days. But I know I'm
going to need another fix of that amazing driving model soon. iRacing... can't live
with it, can't live without it! Maybe I should suggest that to them as a marketing
slogan?

It does sound like you might end up in a similar position to myself, very impressed
by the cars & tracks, but less impressed by the strict limitations on how we can
use them. If I write down a rational list of likes/dislikes about iRacing I would
never spend another penny with them. I am just nowhere near serious enough about my
racing as iRacing demands 12 weeks out of 13. But... the b*stards happen to have
written the best damned sim code on the planet. It's a conspiracy I tell you!

Oh, hang on... I did tell you, didn't I. Repeatedly. :->

Andrew McP... currently distracting himself with GTL, the gruesome & rather 'Arghhh,
don't panic!!!!' Left4Dead demo, and a 21 day trial of Eve Online... it's a science
fiction nerd's paradise, with a mere 18,000-21,000 online every time I've logged on
so far. They may charge you every month like iRacing, but at least they don't tell
you where and when you can drive your spacecraft! :-)
Old November 15th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

> In the mean time though (and not a million miles away) I stumbled across a Huttu
> vid on hughtoob of him driving a GTL Porsche 906 at the 'Ring.

I don't rent iRacing, but I've read that Greger Huttu, has won 45 road races out
of 46 starts, and the one loss was due to him letting someone by because of
an ealier incident (this from a post at RSC).

Regarding the rFactor mods, I also like the Porsche (PCC) 2007 mod. I still
like the CTDP 2005 F1 mod as sell. The in game Panoz is also fun (I like the
sound of the engine).