GPL display issues with both OPenGL and Direct3D

Old January 11th 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ichibod

Default GPL display issues with both OPenGL and Direct3D

OpenGL is showing skybox vertical and horizontal lines and can only get rid
of it by turning off horizon with GEM+. D3D only displays in a small box in
the top left of the screen no matter which resolution I use. This is GPL
fully patched and GPL66 mod active. Even have widescreen 1680x1050 working
in OpenGL. Used the hack tool to add 1680x1050 to D3D too but it is still
just displaying as a small box in the top left. If anyone knows the fix to
get it displaying properly in D3D then it would be much appreciated.

Old January 11th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"Ichibod" > wrote in :

> OpenGL is showing skybox vertical and horizontal lines and can only get
> rid of it by turning off horizon with GEM+. D3D only displays in a small
> box in the top left of the screen no matter which resolution I use. This
> is GPL fully patched and GPL66 mod active. Even have widescreen
> 1680x1050 working in OpenGL. Used the hack tool to add 1680x1050 to D3D
> too but it is still just displaying as a small box in the top left. If
> anyone knows the fix to get it displaying properly in D3D then it would
> be much appreciated.

If you're running XP or Vista, try removing all display adapters and
monitors from device manager and rebooting. If the problem persists run
dxdiag and look to see if everything's ok there. After that, I would start
looking for another video card to try - bad ram on yours would be my
guess.

Old January 11th 09, 08:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ichibod

"APLer" > wrote in message
> If you're running XP or Vista, try removing all display adapters and
> monitors from device manager and rebooting. If the problem persists run
> dxdiag and look to see if everything's ok there. After that, I would start
> looking for another video card to try - bad ram on yours would be my
> guess.

Nah, nothing wrong with my card. I'll try more recent Nvdia drivers to see
if it fixes it.

Old January 11th 09, 01:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

> OpenGL is showing skybox vertical and horizontal lines and can only get rid of it by turning off horizon with GEM+.
> D3D only displays in a small box in the top left of the screen no matter which resolution I use. This is GPL fully
> patched and GPL66 mod active. Even have widescreen 1680x1050 working in OpenGL. Used the hack tool to add 1680x1050 to
> D3D too but it is still just displaying as a small box in the top left. If anyone knows the fix to get it displaying
> properly in D3D then it would be much appreciated.

By fully patched do you mean the 3d video setup from the GPL 2004 demo
version? I've found issues where I had to set the desktop and game resolution
to the same size in order to capture videos that aren't distorted, but it
appears you running at desktop size already.

Old January 11th 09, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ron Ronchetto[_2_]

Ichibod, If your GPL still only runs in a small box in the top left corner
of the screen.... then you need to change your direct mirror rendering in
your core.ini file.

To do this..... edit you core.ini file with notepad... and go to the
following section:

[ Direct3D7 ]
DirectMirrorRendering = 1
Change it to
DirectMirrorRendering = 0

As far as the lines in the sky... do the following if you have a nVidia
card:

With an nVidia card, it's fixed by adjusting the graphics card settings in
Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > Disable conformant texture
clamp.

If you have a ATI based card..... I'm not sure how you would do it.

Ron

Old January 11th 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"Ichibod" > wrote in
:

> "APLer" > wrote in message
>> If you're running XP or Vista, try removing all display adapters and
>> monitors from device manager and rebooting. If the problem persists run
>> dxdiag and look to see if everything's ok there. After that, I would
>> start looking for another video card to try - bad ram on yours would be
>> my guess.

> Nah, nothing wrong with my card. I'll try more recent Nvdia drivers to
> see if it fixes it.

I have no idea how you managed to prove that. It remains to be seen.

Old January 11th 09, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

"APLer" > wrote in message
> "Ichibod" > wrote in
> :
>
>> "APLer" > wrote in message
>>> If you're running XP or Vista, try removing all display adapters and
>>> monitors from device manager and rebooting. If the problem persists run
>>> dxdiag and look to see if everything's ok there. After that, I would
>>> start looking for another video card to try - bad ram on yours would be
>>> my guess.

>> Nah, nothing wrong with my card. I'll try more recent Nvdia drivers to
>> see if it fixes it.
>>

> I have no idea how you managed to prove that.

By running dxdiag, maybe?

Old January 12th 09, 10:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mika Takala[_3_]

Ichibod wrote:
> OpenGL is showing skybox vertical and horizontal lines and can only get
> rid of it by turning off horizon with GEM+. D3D only displays in a small
> box in the top left of the screen no matter which resolution I use. This
> is GPL fully patched and GPL66 mod active. Even have widescreen
> 1680x1050 working in OpenGL. Used the hack tool to add 1680x1050 to D3D
> too but it is still just displaying as a small box in the top left. If
> anyone knows the fix to get it displaying properly in D3D then it would
> be much appreciated.

You should try these fixed rasterizers for GPL:

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=318308

Old January 13th 09, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
JT[_3_]

"Ichibod" > wrote in message
> OpenGL is showing skybox vertical and horizontal lines and can only get
> rid of it by turning off horizon with GEM+. D3D only displays in a small
> box in the top left of the screen no matter which resolution I use. This
> is GPL fully patched and GPL66 mod active. Even have widescreen 1680x1050
> working in OpenGL. Used the hack tool to add 1680x1050 to D3D too but it
> is still just displaying as a small box in the top left. If anyone knows
> the fix to get it displaying properly in D3D then it would be much
> appreciated.

You could try playing a game that was made in this millennium. Of course,
they aren't as good.

Old January 13th 09, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Simpson

On Jan 12, 8:49*pm, "JT" > wrote:

> You could try playing a game that was made in this millennium. *Of course,
> they aren't as good.

In time, you'll get around to seeing it or trying it out and you'll
understand what the fuss is all about.