Article in Cleveland Paper On Why Saturn Failed

Old May 13th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Article in Cleveland Paper On Why Saturn Failed

I didnt read it,but judging from the source-The Plain Dealer,it's
probably their opinions.
Old May 13th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Link:

http://cleve.live.advance.net/busine...900.xml&coll=2

Yeah, I agree, not much meat to the article.

-David

Old May 14th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Albeit that the author could have chosen a much more positive title for his
article, it was all true. GM has stagnated the Saturn line-up for years and
really should have kept the product line fresh. IMHO, the S and L series
direly needed a makeover years ago.

The article should have been titled something like "Saturn's New Direction"
or "Return of Saturn" or something like that instead of such a negative
title. (er, how 'bout "why GM Failed Saturn"?, lol).

However, there are many who relish in ragging on Saturn and perhaps if the
negative title draws them to read this article in full, they will be
enlightened as to the new direction Jill L. and GM is taking us. IMHO, by
2008, our lovable lil S-cars will be fond memories (and still many on the
road including mine) and Saturn will become a world class car.

sehnen sich Phasensaturn !
desea Saturno vivo !
désirent ardemment Saturne de phase !
Long Live Saturn !

marx404

Old May 14th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

marx404 wrote:
> Albeit that the author could have chosen a much more positive title for his
> article, it was all true. GM has stagnated the Saturn line-up for years and
> really should have kept the product line fresh. IMHO, the S and L series
> direly needed a makeover years ago.
>
> The article should have been titled something like "Saturn's New Direction"
> or "Return of Saturn" or something like that instead of such a negative
> title. (er, how 'bout "why GM Failed Saturn"?, lol).
>
> However, there are many who relish in ragging on Saturn and perhaps if the
> negative title draws them to read this article in full, they will be
> enlightened as to the new direction Jill L. and GM is taking us. IMHO, by
> 2008, our lovable lil S-cars will be fond memories (and still many on the
> road including mine) and Saturn will become a world class car.

Failed? The VUE seems to be selling like hotcakes around here (CT).
Granted, I don't see myself ever buying one of their econoboxes ever
again (I've owned 3), but I'm quite happy with the new VUE I bought last
week.

Cheers,
Old May 16th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

<<Failed? The VUE seems to be selling like hotcakes around here>>

And have you tried to actually buy a SKY?

John Cowart

Old May 17th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

bo peep wrote:
> <<Failed? The VUE seems to be selling like hotcakes around here>>
>
> And have you tried to actually buy a SKY?

Indeed. I sat in one in the showroom when I was buying the VUE and was
told there was a 6 month wait (at least) if I ordered one that day. I
liked the styling, but the engine was a bit anemic for that type of car.
If Saturn can get that puppy up to 225-250hp and sell them for under
$25k they'll sell as many as they can crank out.

Cheers,