A good read

Old May 20th 10, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default A good read

http://www.vw-resource.com/cooling.html

It's a typical Bob Hoover sermon, i.e. good stuff....but for whatever
reason I had not found or read this one until tonight. Granted, I've
known about the cooling ability(or limitations thereof) of the VW
engine since about 1996 when I got my first bug and started fixing
it...starting on the ride home after spending $1000 to buy it. 1974
Super Beetle...or for the other Chris's out there...a fat chic :-)
Yes, the damn thing broke down on the drive home.....but I still have
it.

Anyway...don't misread me...it's been good times all around for me and
I think anyone who has owned a vintage VW in the past or even today
will agree, the tinkering and maintenance is a big part of the
ownership experience. It goes with the territory and say....adjusting
your valves is one of those simple things that most people wouldn't
have a damn clue on how to do...except us aircooled owners.....

I think my favorite Bob Hoover quote is "There are only two kinds of
Volkswagen owners in the world...those who have pulled their engine,
and those who will....."

I can still remember my first VW engine pull...I used the Haynes
manual to do it. It worked out okay, I got a new clutch out of it, and
it started on the first try after I stuffed said engine back in the
bay.... :-)

Anyway...has anyone heard from Mr. Hoover lately?

Chris
Old May 20th 10, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message

> ...or for the other Chris's out there...a fat chic :-)

I'm all about the fat chicks.... my favorite years are 68-70..

> Anyway...has anyone heard from Mr. Hoover lately?

been months since I saw a post on any forums.... his last post on thesamba
was in January..

Old May 20th 10, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Ed

I am looking forward this Summer's maintenance including brake
inspection, adjustment, new brake light switches, bleeding brakes,
tune-up, and new tires and new hub caps for the new wheel rims.
I sent off for the parts today from cip1.com.
I still feel I need to order something from aircooled.net though.
I guess I better get in shape and get the manuals out to study.