Don't believe Corvette owners lies about supposed fuel economy

Old April 23rd 08, 10:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Default Don't believe Corvette owners lies about supposed fuel economy

Ed Light wrote:

>> Wow! Is there anything else you don't know very much about that you'd
>> like to share with us?

> Not everything relevant appears on Fox.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson
Old April 24th 08, 01:28 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.porsche
Sal

On Apr 22, 12:52*am, Sarah Czepiel > wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:20:57 -0700 (PDT), Sal >
> wrote:
>
> :>They'll lie and tell people that Corvettes get 28 MPG, when the truth
> :>is that the C6 ZO6 gets 24 MPG, the C6 Auto Coupe gets 25 mpg, and the
> :>C6 Manual gets 26 MPG.
>
> Husband and I averaged 29mpg last summer on a trip from Maryland to Rhode
> Island. *
>
> When the Corvette has so many other things to brag about, why would anyone
> lie about the gas mileage? *
>
> --------
>
> On 21 Apr 2008 17:09:52 -0700, Jose Gaspar > in

> :> you never got above an E-5... *I did that in a little over one year in the Army...

Oh please, that's nothing to brag about. The 2006 Honda Insight is
rated @ 45 City and 48 Highway, but with proper driving it gets 121.7
MPG. http://corporate.honda.com/press/article.aspx?id=281

With a few inexpensive mods, it gets 180+ MPG.
Corvettes require $3.75 premium gas while other cars can use $3.53 gas
so FUEL CENTS PER MILE is a far better way to judge economy. My car
weighs almost exactly the same as a Corvette and has a Turbo but it
only gets 35 MPG @ 60 MPG, 40 MPG @ 42 MPH, and 45 MPG @ 38 MPH on
perfectly flat highways, and I think those numbers are PATHETIC with
today's gas prices. Anything that gets less tha 40 MPG @ 85 MPH is a
dinosaur as far as I'm concerned. You're OUT OF YOUR MIND if you think
Corvettes get good fuel economy by any stretch of the imagination.
Even a GAS GUZZLER like the 2008 Porsche GT2 gets 25 MPG highway,
while the Corvette ZO6 gets 24 MPG according to the EPA.
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...e_911_GT2.aspx

Old April 24th 08, 02:02 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
Venger

Ed Light wrote:

>> Wow! Is there anything else you don't know very much about that you'd
>> like to share with us?

> Not everything relevant appears on Fox.

As opposed to antiwar.com - enjoy your echo chamber, knucklehead.

Venger
Old April 24th 08, 05:53 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:29:50 -0700, Ed Light >
wrote:

>> Wow! Is there anything else you don't know very much about that you'd
>> like to share with us?

>Not everything relevant appears on Fox.

Nor is every Fox relevant, apparently.
--
"Before all else, be armed" -- Machiavelli
Old April 24th 08, 05:54 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.audi

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:09:36 -0700 (PDT), Sal >
wrote:

>Don't believe the lies. The Audi R8 TDI has a road bending 738ft/lbs
>of torque and a 12 cylinder engine and yet gets fuel economy better
>than the C6 ZO6 on the highway, and far better in the city. It sound
>and looks a hell of a lot better than any redneck gm car any day of
>the week too. This is what a good looking car is supposed to look like
>not like a Corvette.
>
>http://youtube.com/watch?v=Aaylp_9kJyo
>http://youtube.com/watch?v=13-DTwoh2RQ

Sal; "You" & "Tube" are really two words that belong together. The
exact opposite of an oxymoron.
--
"Before all else, be armed" -- Machiavelli
Old April 24th 08, 05:59 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:10:36 -0400, Sarah Czepiel >
wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:06:10 -0700, "Uncle_vito" >
>wrote:
>
>:>Well what is the mileage you folks get around town. I do not need to do a
>:>lot of freeway driving. Just stop and go up to about 45 mph.
>
>I get about 20-22 mpg.

Sheeeit, wife has an `05 Lincoln Aviator AWD with the Ford 4.6. The
average on that bitch (vehicle not wife) is @ best 12/13. My C4 is
pretty much a constant 24 with a 5.7.

--
"Before all else, be armed" -- Machiavelli
Old April 24th 08, 05:59 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.porsche

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:28:24 -0700 (PDT), Sal >
wrote:

>On Apr 22, 12:52*am, Sarah Czepiel > wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:20:57 -0700 (PDT), Sal >
>> wrote:
>>
>> :>They'll lie and tell people that Corvettes get 28 MPG, when the truth
>> :>is that the C6 ZO6 gets 24 MPG, the C6 Auto Coupe gets 25 mpg, and the
>> :>C6 Manual gets 26 MPG.
>>
>> Husband and I averaged 29mpg last summer on a trip from Maryland to Rhode
>> Island. *
>>
>> When the Corvette has so many other things to brag about, why would anyone
>> lie about the gas mileage? *
>>
>> --------
>>
>> On 21 Apr 2008 17:09:52 -0700, Jose Gaspar > in

>> :> you never got above an E-5... *I did that in a little over one year in the Army...

>Oh please, that's nothing to brag about. The 2006 Honda Insight is
>rated @ 45 City and 48 Highway, but with proper driving it gets 121.7
>MPG. http://corporate.honda.com/press/article.aspx?id=281

Other then your bicycle, exactly what would you know about proper
driving?
--
"Before all else, be armed" -- Machiavelli
Old April 24th 08, 12:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
uncle_vito

I happen to belong to a Corvette club since 1991.

I also own a 64 corvette convertible since 91. Has doubled in value. Gets
12 miles per gallon.

I do not like the newer ones. Way over priced for what you get. Interior
looks like a rental car. Most folks in my club with the newer vettes drive
them only on weekends and do not really care what the mileage is.

Vito

Old April 24th 08, 04:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Sarah Czepiel wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:06:10 -0700, "Uncle_vito" >
>wrote:
>
>:>Well what is the mileage you folks get around town. I do not need to do a
>:>lot of freeway driving. Just stop and go up to about 45 mph.
>
>I get about 20-22 mpg.
>
>:>Also bragging the the vette gets XX mpg seems like a 'so what'.
>
>I wouldn't characterize it as " bragging" but more comparing the Corvette's
>amazing mpg against other known factors. For instance our C6 gets the
>best mileage of any vehicle in the family. I find that a pleasant
>surprise.
>

>:> Typical vette owners would not really be concerned with mileage. Seems they are
>:>going for the looks and performance.
>:>
>:>Vito
>
>Mileage is often discussed in the online Corvette fora. Guess you really
>don't know much about Corvette owners at all.
>
>Enjoy your Nissan.
>
>:>"codifus" > wrote in message
>:>> On Apr 22, 12:52 am, Sarah Czepiel > wrote:
>:>>> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:20:57 -0700 (PDT), Sal >
>:>>> wrote:
>:>>>
>:>>> :>They'll lie and tell people that Corvettes get 28 MPG, when the truth
>:>>> :>is that the C6 ZO6 gets 24 MPG, the C6 Auto Coupe gets 25 mpg, and the
>:>>> :>C6 Manual gets 26 MPG.
>:>>>
>:>>> Husband and I averaged 29mpg last summer on a trip from Maryland to Rhode
>:>>> Island.
>:>>>
>:>>> When the Corvette has so many other things to brag about, why would
>:>>> anyone
>:>>> lie about the gas mileage?
>:>>>
>:>>> --------
>:>>>
>:>>> On 21 Apr 2008 17:09:52 -0700, Jose Gaspar > in
>:>>>
>:>>> Message-ID: > wrote:
>:>>>
>:>>> :> you never got above an E-5... I did that in a little over one year in
>:>>> the Army...
>:>>
>:>> Totally agree. I'm not a fan of most domestic cars, but the Corvette
>:>> is definitely an exception. For a 500 hp, 7.0 liter vehicle to be able
>:>> to get 24 to 29 MPG, that is impressive. That technology should be
>:>> sprinkled throughout the product range. The new Malibu seems to be a a
>:>> sign that (FINALLY!) GM is waking up and really thinking about the
>:>> whole prodcut line, not just the king Corvette.
>:>>
>:>>
>:>> CD
>:>>
>:>
>:>

My '94 Ragtop 6sp runs circles around my Xterra in mileage.

Old April 24th 08, 06:22 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.porsche
Sarah Czepiel

wrote:

:>On Apr 22, 12:52*am, Sarah Czepiel > wrote:
:>> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:20:57 -0700 (PDT), Sal >
:>> wrote:
:>>
:>> :>They'll lie and tell people that Corvettes get 28 MPG, when the truth
:>> :>is that the C6 ZO6 gets 24 MPG, the C6 Auto Coupe gets 25 mpg, and the
:>> :>C6 Manual gets 26 MPG.
:>>
:>> Husband and I averaged 29mpg last summer on a trip from Maryland to Rhode
:>> Island. *
:>>
:>> When the Corvette has so many other things to brag about, why would anyone
:>> lie about the gas mileage? *
:>>
:>> --------
:
:>
:>Oh please, that's nothing to brag about.

You're a slow learner, Sal. I've already told you no one here is
bragging. We're merely comparing gas mileage on the Corvettes.

:>The 2006 Honda Insight is rated @ 45 City and 48 Highway, but with proper driving it gets 121.7
:>MPG. http://corporate.honda.com/press/article.aspx?id=281

I don't care about any Honda. That's why I'm reading this in
alt.autos.corvette. You're the thread's OP and so far you've taken this
lie/troll to alt.autos.nissan,and alt.autos.porsche as well.

:>With a few inexpensive mods, it gets 180+ MPG.
:>Corvettes require $3.75 premium gas while other cars can use $3.53 gas
:>so FUEL CENTS PER MILE is a far better way to judge economy.

If you had a clue you'd know Corvette owner rarely if ever worry about fuel
economy. For the same reason we're not going to flinch at the cost of
replacement tires. It goes with the territory.

Whatever you drive I hope you're happy. I'm happy for you. Do me the
courtesy of the same, Sal.

Regards,
Sarah

Fuel Economy Richard Wilkinson BMW 17 December 4th 06 06:59 AM
Fuel Vaporization and fuel economy cody_e Technology 48 January 28th 06 03:29 PM
Fuel Economy CagedMonkees General 3 May 11th 05 06:28 PM
What's new S4 Auto owners getting for fuel economy?? quattroA4cars Audi 15 April 6th 05 07:10 AM
166 Fuel Economy Jon Alfa Romeo 11 August 29th 04 09:07 PM