Traffic accidents go down as cell phone usage goes up

Old April 29th 14, 07:39 AM posted to comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad,rec.autos.tech
Your Name[_2_]

Default Traffic accidents go down as cell phone usage goes up

In article >, tlvp
> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 05:48:59 +0000 (UTC), Jessie Williams wrote:
>
> > Oh well, you can't teach a parrot logic.

> That's because they don't use cell phones :-) . Yet. Cheers, -- ...

At least not while they're driving. Them parrots is smart. ;-)
Old April 29th 14, 07:42 AM posted to comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad,rec.autos.tech
Your Name[_2_]

In article >, tlvp
> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 05:48:59 +0000 (UTC), Jessie Williams wrote:
>
> > Oh well, you can't teach a parrot logic.

> That's because they don't use cell phones :-) . Yet. Cheers, -- ...

Well, duh! Obviously they use a Parrot Bluetooth hands-free car kit.
;-)
Old April 29th 14, 09:14 AM posted to comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad,rec.autos.tech
dorayme

In article >,
tlvp > wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 12:46:42 +1000, dorayme wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > tlvp > wrote:

> >> Pat's *already* doing that :-) . Cheers, -- tlvp

> > Done what?

> This: "Try to live without it" (ie, w/o common sense) :-) . Cheers, -- tlvp

Live without what? Good quoting is the key to avoid these exchanges.
And while at it, fix your sig.

--
dorayme
Old May 2nd 14, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 15:10:00 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

>On 4/27/2014 2:00 PM, Bill Vanek wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 13:50:03 -1000, dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I don't need to Google nothing. Traffic accidents go down as ESC usage
>>> goes up.

>> Who is arguing with that?
>>

>My point is that cell phone usage and traffic accident rates going down
>are not related to each other and that I prefer that you didn't text
>while driving. Has there ever been a more truthful statement on Usenet?
>I think not.

And if I prefer that you wear a fur hat while driving should we
legislate that?
Old May 2nd 14, 10:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 5/1/2014 1:38 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 15:10:00 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>> My point is that cell phone usage and traffic accident rates going down
>> are not related to each other and that I prefer that you didn't text
>> while driving. Has there ever been a more truthful statement on Usenet?
>> I think not.

> And if I prefer that you wear a fur hat while driving should we
> legislate that?

Why do you ask? Is this how things work in your little world? It sure
doesn't in mine.

You old farts are completely off-base anyway. The real problem is
texting while driving, not using a cell phone.
Old May 2nd 14, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

On Thu, 01 May 2014 23:34:05 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

>On 5/1/2014 1:38 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 15:10:00 -1000, dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> My point is that cell phone usage and traffic accident rates going down
>>> are not related to each other and that I prefer that you didn't text
>>> while driving. Has there ever been a more truthful statement on Usenet?
>>> I think not.

>> And if I prefer that you wear a fur hat while driving should we
>> legislate that?
>>

>Why do you ask? Is this how things work in your little world? It sure
>doesn't in mine.
>
>You old farts are completely off-base anyway. The real problem is
>texting while driving, not using a cell phone.

Everybody's brain is different. I don't even talk to passengers in
dicey traffic. I need to concentrate on the changing situations of
the traffic.
The one time I talked on the cell phone while driving I missed an
expressway turnoff. Cost me about 20 minutes of driving.
It was dark and rainy, but I normally would have been in the correct
lane to make the turnoff. I had to "really" resist jerking the wheel
to make the turn when I realized I was passing the turnoff. But I had
no good idea of the cars around me.
The conversation on the cell detracted from my attention.
So that's that. I don't talk on the phone while driving.
Don't need a law to tell me that.
The laws against talking on cell phones are meant to protect you from
people like me, but who need a law to make them act right.

Old May 2nd 14, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 5/2/2014 2:38 AM, Vic Smith wrote:

> Everybody's brain is different. I don't even talk to passengers in
> dicey traffic. I need to concentrate on the changing situations of
> the traffic.
> The one time I talked on the cell phone while driving I missed an
> expressway turnoff. Cost me about 20 minutes of driving.
> It was dark and rainy, but I normally would have been in the correct
> lane to make the turnoff. I had to "really" resist jerking the wheel
> to make the turn when I realized I was passing the turnoff. But I had
> no good idea of the cars around me.
> The conversation on the cell detracted from my attention.
> So that's that. I don't talk on the phone while driving.
> Don't need a law to tell me that.
> The laws against talking on cell phones are meant to protect you from
> people like me, but who need a law to make them act right.

I understand that using a cell phone is distracting. When I see people
driving off to the side of the road, my assumption is that they're
yakking on the phone, drunk, or asleep at the wheel. OTOH, you should
try texting, which is the preferred method of communication between
young folk, while driving. It's a real killer. My daughter witnessed a
kid get hit by another kid who was texting while driving.
Old May 2nd 14, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

Don't think I'll ever text. Don't have the eyes anymore.
Old May 2nd 14, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Friday, May 2, 2014 7:56:29 AM UTC-10, Vic Smith wrote:
> Don't think I'll ever text. Don't have the eyes anymore.

Old folks talk, young folks text.
Old May 2nd 14, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

In article >,
dsi1 > wrote:
>On Friday, May 2, 2014 7:56:29 AM UTC-10, Vic Smith wrote:
>> Don't think I'll ever text. Don't have the eyes anymore.

>Old folks talk, young folks text.

This is because the old folks have lost their eyesight from age and
the young folks have lost their hearing from listening to too much loud
music.
--scott