USPits gone forever...

Old January 2nd 05, 09:00 PM
Darus

Default USPits gone forever...

Quoted from their website forum:

"After 9 years, 1 month, and 11 days, we had finally had enough.
Sometimes you just have to say "that's it!" We did. We decided we were
going to put up with it no more. The file areas, the archives, the
tools, the forums...gone. And 90% of it will not return. Ever. Period.

Why? We finally grew too tired of the bitching, whining, complaining,
bashing, and so on. We work for free here. We do this because we like
to. We want to enjoy editing and racing, and when ingrates and
crybabies start their incessant griping, it gets very aggravating. We
get to where we don't enjoy this and it becomes a tedious job.

For those of you who have been great members of the sim racing
community...we apologise that we've decided to take this action.
However, all is not lost. Many of the editors and league admins will
not lose our support. We are not just going to take our toys and go
home. Over the next few weeks, we'll be bringing some stuff back
online, and the tutorials will remain up. We will put our N2003 mods
back online for racing leagues, the Ferrari 330 mod will also be
reposted.

But our focus on N2003 is gone, and will not return. We have a few
things that are still being worked on that will probably be posted, but
that will be about it. When we fully reopen down the line, it will be a
very streamlined editing-only US Pits that you see, and with tools and
toys for a much different mod...
Cheers!
_________________
=BB=BB jan kohl =AB=AB "

Old January 2nd 05, 09:36 PM
John DiFool

On 2 Jan 2005 13:00:33 -0800, "Darus" > wrote:

>Quoted from their website forum:
>
>"After 9 years, 1 month, and 11 days, we had finally had enough.
>Sometimes you just have to say "that's it!" We did. We decided we were
>going to put up with it no more. The file areas, the archives, the
>tools, the forums...gone. And 90% of it will not return. Ever. Period.
>
>Why? We finally grew too tired of the bitching, whining, complaining,
>bashing, and so on. We work for free here. We do this because we like
>to. We want to enjoy editing and racing, and when ingrates and
>crybabies start their incessant griping, it gets very aggravating. We
>get to where we don't enjoy this and it becomes a tedious job.
>
>For those of you who have been great members of the sim racing
>community...we apologise that we've decided to take this action.
>However, all is not lost. Many of the editors and league admins will
>not lose our support. We are not just going to take our toys and go
>home. Over the next few weeks, we'll be bringing some stuff back
>online, and the tutorials will remain up. We will put our N2003 mods
>back online for racing leagues, the Ferrari 330 mod will also be
>reposted.
>
>But our focus on N2003 is gone, and will not return. We have a few
>things that are still being worked on that will probably be posted, but
>that will be about it. When we fully reopen down the line, it will be a
>very streamlined editing-only US Pits that you see, and with tools and
>toys for a much different mod...
>Cheers!

That is a terrible terrible shame. If there was some way to
send some funding their way, I'd do it, but it's too late I
suppose. Too bad there are some people who when they
don't get things exactly their way, whine and bitch and
write inflammatory posts, and they now have ended up
ruining it all for the rest of us. With RSC in limbo the
race sim community looks to be flying apart at the seams,
fracturing into a multitude of small web sites and BBSes,
which will just make it harder for people to find info or
just hang out.

I can only hope someone comes forward to fill this huge
void.

John DiFool

Old January 2nd 05, 09:52 PM
buster

The real baby is Jan what a pussy who is scared to face the realities of
life
Old January 2nd 05, 09:55 PM
JP

"Darus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

That is bad news. What was all the bitching about ?

Old January 2nd 05, 10:01 PM
John Simmons

That was the last decent place to get sim news, mods, tracks, and other
important stuff for NR2K3.

Hey Jan, if you're reading this, I noticed I had a new PM, but I can't
read it because you disbaled PMs.

Send me an email if you're up for it.
Old January 2nd 05, 10:02 PM
David G Fisher

"Darus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
Quoted from their website forum:

But our focus on N2003 is gone, and will not return. We have a few
things that are still being worked on that will probably be posted, but
that will be about it. When we fully reopen down the line, it will be a
very streamlined editing-only US Pits that you see, and with tools and
toys for a much different mod...
Cheers!
_________________

From this, and what I've read elsewhere, I believe they are going to move to
rFactor. Can anyone confirm this?
--
David G Fisher

Old January 2nd 05, 10:34 PM
Dave Erb

"Darus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
Quoted from their website forum:

"After 9 years, 1 month, and 11 days, we had finally had enough.
Sometimes you just have to say "that's it!" We did. We decided we were
going to put up with it no more. The file areas, the archives, the
tools, the forums...gone. And 90% of it will not return. Ever. Period.

(snip)
_________________

Sigh. Such a shame really though I can easily understand their action. Why
put up with all the crap from the mouthier parts of the community when
you're not getting paid to do so. Hopefully all the complainers will rush
right in with their websites (hah!) to take up the load

A big old thank you to all the PitPersons

David

Old January 2nd 05, 10:50 PM
Dave Henrie

buster > wrote in news:r0_Bd.27837$6V1.18601
@bignews3.bellsouth.net:

> The real baby is Jan what a pussy who is scared to face the realities of
> life

Buster, since you are standing behind your real name, I respect your
proclomation. You sir, the well known buster, have contributed time money
expertise in great gobs. and surely you have given more to the sim
community than Jan and his family and friends. Surely you MUST HAVE...

I'd like to thank you buster. Yes I'd like to thank you for making the
first PLONK of 2005 such a simple decision. Goodbye.

Dave Henrie
(note the caps)

Old January 2nd 05, 10:52 PM
Dave Henrie

"David G Fisher" > wrote in
:

> From this, and what I've read elsewhere, I believe they are going to
> move to rFactor. Can anyone confirm this?
> --

Rfactor or First....and where did PWF finally land?

dh
Old January 2nd 05, 11:06 PM
Jan Verschueren

"Darus" wrote...
> Quoted from their website forum:
>
> "After 9 years, 1 month, and 11 days, we had finally
> had enough. <snip>

> Why? We finally grew too tired of the bitching, whining,
> complaining, bashing, and so on. We work for free here.
> We do this because we like to. We want to enjoy editing
> and racing, and when ingrates and crybabies start their
> incessant griping, it gets very aggravating. We get to
> where we don't enjoy this and it becomes a tedious job.

Excuse me for being dense, but if you own the website, the mods and the
forum, why do you put up with whining and bitching in the first place? -If I
had a site like that, things would be run as I saw fit and that would be
that. And, should one come to a point where one's exhausted reasonable
argument and the other party simply doesn't want to give it a rest, one
simply bans him/her from the forum. Just about the only advantage of forums
over usenet I can think of.

I hardly ever used "The Pits" (basically just to get the PWF stuff after
they folded), so I'm not being put out by this situation, but I'm
dissapointed Jan & Co didn't crush these bad apples instead of folding.

Jan.
=---