Xantia alarm how do I disable Forever!

Old December 4th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
indiadog1

Default Xantia alarm how do I disable Forever!

My m reg diesel Xantia last night decided to show me a red charging
light and I just had enough battery power to get home!. I have
charged the battery up but now I cant cancel the flashing dipped beam
every time i open the door!. Pressing the sensor switch on the dash
doest work and my remote key dosnt work either. I just want to
disable the alarm for good coz it has caused me loads of trouble in
the past. I have turned off the siren under the bonet but it wont
stop the lights! Help!

Old December 4th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
HLS

"indiadog1" > wrote in message
> My m reg diesel Xantia last night decided to show me a red charging
> light and I just had enough battery power to get home!. I have
> charged the battery up but now I cant cancel the flashing dipped beam
> every time i open the door!. Pressing the sensor switch on the dash
> doest work and my remote key dosnt work either. I just want to
> disable the alarm for good coz it has caused me loads of trouble in
> the past. I have turned off the siren under the bonet but it wont
> stop the lights! Help!

**************************
Do you know why your car showed a discharge alarm? If that is not resolved,
simply charging the battery is unlikely to keep getting you home.

Are you sure your alternator is really putting out the required levels?

The Citroen line, AFAIK, is not imported to the USA, so we - in general-
have little experience with them. I have driven the Xantia in Europe, and it
has a few surprises for the uninitiated. A nice looking car, though.

Old December 4th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
HLS

You might try
http://pdftown.com/Citroen-Xantia-Di...ce-Manual.html

This is downloaded as a *.rar file, which you will have to decompress

How to disable alarm Rush Ford Explorer 0 April 6th 07 03:41 AM
Alarm wont disable [email protected] Alfa Romeo 5 July 17th 06 10:08 PM
Car alarm failure on the 300C (how do you disable the alarm) General Schvantzkoph Chrysler 9 May 2nd 06 04:59 PM
'98 SL2 SSS alarm disable sc Saturn 0 April 5th 06 02:37 AM
Disable Alarm? 98exp Ford Explorer 5 June 27th 05 09:36 PM