New Liberty 10 mpg?

Old May 3rd 12, 07:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
JKConey

Default New Liberty 10 mpg?

New Liberty here. I know it's early. 600 miles, but I'm getting a solid
10 MPG in city driving. I'm going out of my way to take it slow and
easy, and getting the ECO On display to come on. Is this as good as it
gets, or will it improve? Sticker said 16-22.

--
JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Old May 3rd 12, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

JKConey wrote:
> New Liberty here. I know it's early. 600 miles, but I'm getting a
> solid 10 MPG in city driving. I'm going out of my way to take it slow
> and easy, and getting the ECO On display to come on. Is this as good
> as it gets, or will it improve? Sticker said 16-22.

Depends on the type of city driving. Lots of start/stop is not going
to get good MPG. Still though, I suspect your jeep isn't broken in
yet.

You need to run it at various speeds and not at one constant RPM
for quite a while. All slow-and-easy is doing is making it take
longer to seat the rings and valves. Although modern engines are
a bit quicker to break in, it still takes time for them to get
better mileage.

--
DougW

Old May 4th 12, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

That's as good as it gets!
It's a Jeep and not an economic vehicle by any means...

On Thu, 03 May 2012 02:52:36 -0400, JKConey

Old May 4th 12, 05:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

"JKConey" > wrote in message
> New Liberty here. I know it's early. 600 miles, but I'm getting a solid 10
> MPG in city driving. I'm going out of my way to take it slow and easy, and
> getting the ECO On display to come on. Is this as good as it gets, or will
> it improve? Sticker said 16-22.
>
> --
> JK Sinrod
> www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
> www.facebook.com/MyConeyIslandMemories

Are you in New York City? Maybe your "Stop-And-Go" driving, at rush hour
especially, is more "stop" than "go" and that destroys mileage. I had an old
225 Slant Six Valiant that got a solid 23-25 highway ... but during rush
hour in Pueblo CO ... about 10.

Budd

Old May 6th 12, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Larry[_21_]

On May 3, 10:21*pm, "Budd Cochran" > wrote:
> "JKConey" > wrote in message

> > New Liberty here. I know it's early. 600 miles, but I'm getting a solid 10
> > MPG in city driving. I'm going out of my way to take it slow and easy, and
> > getting the ECO On display to come on. Is this as good as it gets, or will
> > it improve? Sticker said 16-22.

> > --
> > JK Sinrod
> >www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
> >www.facebook.com/MyConeyIslandMemories

> Are you in New York City? Maybe your "Stop-And-Go" driving, at rush hour
> especially, is more "stop" than "go" and that destroys mileage. I had an old
> 225 Slant Six Valiant that got a solid 23-25 highway ... but during rush
> hour in Pueblo CO ... about 10.
>
> Budd

That Valiant was a nice little car.
Old May 22nd 12, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
JKConey

Glad to report that now at about 1000 miles, I just got a whopping 21mph
on the highway! Still sucks in the city.